Turkey x Reader

Turkey (Sadik Adnan) x Reader

    The world was slowly changing during the first half of the 20th Century and Sadik felt the effects of the changes. He grunted in discomfort as he shifted in his bed. His vision swam as pain flooded throughout his skull once again. The hectic screaming from outside of his room did little to ease the throbbing sensation in his head. His empire was failing and he could feel himself deteriorating alongside it as the lands he once seized through the force of terror and overwhelming strength were ripped away from him. A feverish warmth consumed him and he shakily moved to grab the pitcher of water placed a few centimetres away on his nightstand. The door opening made him pause in his actions. He looked over at the blurry form standing in the doorway "Who?" "It's worse than I thought" they murmured, slowly making their way over to him.

Sadik's vision cleared and he stared up at his enemy in mild confusion "Why are you here?" (Y/N) calmly grabbed the pitcher and filled a glass with water "To check up on you." He silently accepted the water, despite his stubborn nature telling him to throw it back at her. She watched his hands tremble as he brought the glass to his lips "I never wanted any harm to come to you." She paused momentarily to assist him with placing the cup down "Despite our disagreements in the past, you must know I care for you deeply." "Then why did you do it?" He questioned, staring at her for a sign of regret or pain. He wanted to hurt her just like she had hurt him.

    Silence loomed over the pair as she contemplated her answer and he waited, albeit impatiently, for her to reply. "I couldn't support the reasoning behind your actions" she paused to consider her words, "I didn't agree with the people you were fighting alongside." He grew faintly aware of her continuing her explanation, however, the throbbing pain in his head intensified and her voice slowly became drowned out as his mind became preoccupied with the overwhelming pain. His senses gradually returned to normal and he gazed up at the concerned expression on her face. She moved to place her hand on his forehead, but hesitated and pulled her arm back to her side "Did I do this to you?" He met her gaze and attempted to summon the strength of his once glorious empire "You could never do this much damage to me." She turned her gaze down towards the floor and Sadik watched her carefully.

He could faintly remember a former colony with her gaze cast on the floor as he lectured her and his other colonies about their irresponsible behaviour. (Y/N) stood up from her spot on the edge of his bed "Perhaps I should go. You seem well enough to handle this on your own." She swallowed her feelings and turned around "I'm sorry for everything. I really do care for you." He paused at the slight tremble in her voice "(Y/N)?" She turned around at the sound of her name and his chest tightened in pain at the sight of his former charge in distress. She hastily wiped away her tears and sniffled "I want to help you. I couldn't do it before because my people were in danger, but now I can help you. I care more about you than you can imagine. How could I not?" She looked him over properly and her tears returned once again "I didn't want to do this to you, but I had to. It was politics. War is always about politics. Emotions can never play a part. That's something you taught me." He ignored the growing pain in his head in favour of listening to her.

    She clenched and unclenched her hands as she wrangled her emotions back into place. She angrily scrubbed at her face to remove the tears from her cheeks "I know you know the empire is falling, and you'll become a new country. Therefore, I need to ask properly this time. Will you allow me to assist in your recovery?" Two different parts of him screamed within his mind. One side told him to deny her request and to suffer in silence. His pride told him to never accept help from the enemy and to power through on his own.

The other side told him to accept her request and become a new person. "Ok" he quietly breathed out, and he felt warm at the sight of her bright smile. He looked her over "On one condition." She took a spot by his bed and looked over at him curiously "Yes?" "Take care of yourself too" he stated, and she unconsciously touched the bandage on her forehead. She smiled softly and placed a cool cloth on his forehead to deal with his temperature "Ok."

Notes:

Prompt: Pain. I feel like it's pretty self-explanatory. Though I originally had a different idea so maybe it won't be that obvious.

It's describing the fall of the Ottoman Empire after WW1. May not be historically correct honestly.

I also think that the Ottoman Empire (in terms of persona) would be harsher than modern-day Turkey persona

I hope you enjoyed this

Next is Canada

Extra + Important: I know I write about war a lot (mainly WW1 but that's because I just find it interesting), but if you guys want me to stop writing about war please tell me. I would like to know as soon as possible because I'm working on an Australia chapter and it'll probably be pretty similar to Austria (2) so if you want something else, let me know by Sunday. If there are no comments, then I'll take that as a go.