Spain x Reader

Colonizer!Spain (Antonio Carriedo) x Nation!Reader

Cries of anguish reached her ears and the teenage nation winced. The chains around her feet tugged at her skin as she moved closer to the sounds. In the darkness of the room, (Y/N) found comfort in the little signs of life she could hear. The door opened to wash the room with light. (Y/N) blinked her eyes as they struggled to adjust to the drastic change in lighting. The familiar voice of the Ottoman Empire sounded panicked as he undid her chains "You're coming with me. I'm not losing your territory." She struggled in his grasp, but the suffering of her people took its toll on her body. She glared up at him, but he merely looked away and dragged her to her feet. 

His hold on her wrist tightened as (Y/N) struggled to keep up with his long strides. The cries of human soldiers grew louder as they moved throughout the house. She picked up the sound of an unfamiliar language being yelled. The Ottoman Empire tugged on her wrist harder as his speed picked up. She bit her lip in an effort to distract herself from the pain on her wrist. The unfamiliar language sounded closer and (Y/N) dug her feet into the floor. Her capturer glared down at her as she scratched at his arm. He released her wrist and grabbed her waist to haul her over his shoulder. She kicked and punched him, but he continued to march on. The Ottoman Empire opened the door and froze.

Teary eyes looked over his shoulder to observe the group in front of them. They were adorned in typical armour from the West of Europe, each brandishing a weapon of some sort. At the front of the group stood a male with brown hair and stern green eyes. (Y/N) winced as the eyes landed on her. 'Is he going to take me away? What if he's worse?' She thought, watching his every move. He switched languages "We won the war. Give me what is mine." The Ottoman Empire dropped her to the floor to take out his weapon "I'm still standing. You haven't won anything." (Y/N) watched from the sidelines the fight that started. Her mind screamed at her to run, but she remained entranced by the clashing of the swords. 

A male made his way over to her and (Y/N) flinched. The words he said made little sense to her as he slowly approached. He pointed to the male fighting "España." She turned her attention back to the two to find the Ottoman Empire on his knees. España stood before him "The territory is mine now." He looked over at (Y/N) momentarily before returning his gaze to his fallen opponent "And she'll come with me as well." He grabbed the startled teenage nation and walked away from the defeated Ottoman Empire. (Y/N) didn't resist as they walked on board of a ship. Things kept happening and she failed to keep up with the current scenario. The male gently guided her into a room away from the unfamiliar people.

Silence loomed over the room as he settled in. He took a seat on the bed and smiled down softly at her "I am the nation of Spain. It's a pleasure to meet you (C/N)." She watched him carefully "How do you know who I am?" "Nations talk. It was my brother Portugal that notified me of your capture" he explained, his carefree smile never leaving his face. (Y/N) warily took a seat next to him on the bed "What do you plan to do with me?" The look in his green eyes changed slightly "I plan on having control over your people. You'd be staying with my other territories at my estate. While you're there, I'll be governing your country." She watched him carefully "Is there any way I could refuse?" "No." "Ok" she stated, laying down on the comfy bed "However if you turn out to be exactly like the Ottoman Empire, I'll kick you out of my country." His bright smile returned to his face "I'm glad everything worked out." 

The journey to the country of Spain took months. (Y/N) found herself becoming closer to Antonio and he felt closer to her too. Antonio taught her how to fight, how to survive in dire circumstances, and how to make allies easily. He warned her to stay away from England and she readily agreed after hearing stories of how he terrorized the seas. They arrived at the estate and a grumpy brunette made his way over to greet them. Antonio immediately grinned and pulled him into a tight hug "(Y/N) this is Lovino. He's South Italy." Lovino pushed the Spaniard off of him and turned to (Y/N) with a charming smile "It's a pleasure to meet you bella." She returned his greeting with her own.