America x Reader

America (Alfred F. Jones) x Reader

A tall old Victorian building loomed over the British citizens milling about in front of the fantastic example of architecture. (Y/N) walked up towards the doors and presented her identification to the guards before being granted access to the building being used for the world meeting. Sunlight lit the room from the stained glass window and her gaze landed on the image of the American nation smiling brightly as he conversed with Gilbert as the light highlighted his naturally sunny disposition and brought out his attractive features. His blue eyes were bright and friendly with faint freckles dotting the bridge of his nose and his trademark smile lighting up the room more. 

The image of perfection caused her to crinkle her nose in distrust and she rushed past the pair to make her way into the meeting room. The forever rememberable voice of Alfred called for her, however, (Y/N) trudged on and opened the doors to the meeting room. She silently took a seat next to Tino who turned to look at her in slight worry "Did something happen? You look hurt or rather... you look scared?" (Y/N) paused in her actions of setting up her notes to look over into Tino's bright violet eyes filled with concern "I'm okay Tino." She smiled at him warmly "Thank you for the concern." She could tell he had more to say, but she busied herself with preparing herself for the gruelling two hours of non-stop debating and fighting that would come within a moment's notice.

Arthur began the meeting, much to everyone's surprise, and successfully managed to get the room under control. As Arthur talked, (Y/N) could feel intense blue eyes focused solely on her. She looked down at her notes in discomfort as the gaze seemed to remain stuck on her. (Y/N) knew who it was. It was always the same person every time there was a meeting. She hated the thought of the person being near her, much less staring intently at her from across the room. Arthur paused in his spiel and she took the opportunity to raise her hand. He lifted an eyebrow in confusion "Is something wrong Ms. (Y/N)?" "I'm not feeling too well. May I take a short break?" She asked, trying to keep to her tone calm and unwavering despite the fear clawing at her from within. 

She could still feel the same gaze on her and she kept her gaze focused on the Englishman in front of her to avoid eye contact with the object of her nightmares. "The meeting just started I don't..." he stopped when he glanced across the room. He cleared his throat and adjusted his posture "I suppose it's quite alright. We wouldn't want you to feel ill." "Thank you Arthur" she replied, briskly exiting the room with her items left on the desk next to Tino's. When the doors shut, she breathed a sigh of relief. The gaze wasn't on her anymore and she felt like she could breathe again.

In the silence of the room her mind seemed to have lost control of her memories as they consumed her. Everything was on fire. Her body felt excruciatingly warm as the fires raged across her lands. People were crying in the streets, all managing to represent different forms of grief and terror. Her chest felt tight as the emotions and feelings of her people were transferred into her. Soldiers marched through the streets with their arms at the ready and their desires unresolved and ready to be unleashed upon her people. A tall figure with short blonde hair and cloudy blue eyes stood among them. He turned his gaze to her and all she saw was a cold certainty. He towered over her as he placed a hand on her face "You never should have been so naive." Her mind shut off and the memory finished. It always ended at that part and she didn't know why, but she knew it wasn't good. (Y/N) hated coming to meetings. The sight of him sent her into a panicked frenzy and she lost all semblance of control over her mental state.

The voice from the male in her mind seemed to materialize in front of her. It felt like a hand had gripped her heart for a moment as he spoke "(Y/N)?" She looked up into his bright blue eyes clouded over with guilt "Mr. Jones? What are you doing here?" She internally congratulated herself for managing to keep her voice and emotions under control externally. He stood in front of her with an anxious expression "I want to do something to help you. I want to redeem myself for my bad deeds. I want to be a hero again to you." She shook her head in mild disbelief "You'll never be a hero ever again in my eyes Mr. Jones."

Notes: 

Prompt: redeem. It was originally gonna be him being redeemed for something he did, but I didn't want a happy ending 

For the thing that Alfred did to her, it's anything you want to imagine. I didn't want to put a specific example because I didn't want to upset anyone

I know an x reader is meant to have some romance, buts its nice to write a chapter filled with pure hatred every once in a while 

Arthur knows what happened, hence him letting her go 

I hope you enjoyed this

Next is South Italy