Finland x Reader

Finland (Tino Väinämöinen) x Reader

Groups of people roamed around the outside of the arena as they waited patiently to be allowed to take their seats. (Y/N) slipped through the small crowds and made her way to the side door. She knocked on the door three times and moved out of the way as the door opened to reveal a tall Swedish male staring down at her. She smiled up at him "Hey Berwald. Tino said I could enter from here." He silently nodded and gestured for her to enter the building. She followed him through the halls and into the team's locker room. Tino looked up upon her entrance and pulled her into a warm embrace "You came." "Of course" she replied, feeling herself slowly succumbing to the warmth from the hug.

Tino pulled away with a big smile and bright violet eyes "Where do you want to sit? I'm sure I can get you to sit with the team." She smiled at his eager attitude and shook her head "I'll sit with the fans. The front would be nice though." He hugged her quickly and raced off to find someone to guide her to her seat. Emil popped his head around the corner and silently made his way over to her "Tino told me to take you to our seats." She glanced at him curiously as she followed him down the hall "You aren't playing today?" Emil glared at the floor "I sprained my ankle two weeks ago. It's better now, but Lukas told the coach to ban me from playing." (Y/N) sent Emil a motherly look "He just wants you to be okay." Emil sent her a quick glare and marched on in silence.

They arrived at their seats and people immediately swarmed Emil. Fans seemed to recognize him and began asking for pictures and autographs. (Y/N) watched in amusement as Emil stuttered out poor excuses while his cheeks darkened from the attention. The team coming out onto the ice drew their attention away from Emil and he collapsed next to her in their seat. She smiled over at him "You okay? Tino told me how anxious you get sometimes around fans." His cheeks darkened at her comment "I'm fine." She faintly heard him mutter "I can't believe Tino exposed me." The game started and (Y/N) watched in amazement. She felt the familiar feeling of excitement and adrenaline coursing through her veins whenever Tino stole the puck from the opposing team and when Tino bodychecked a player into the boards.

The game continued until the final buzzer sound and the sound of cheering fans. Emil casually stood up and looked over at her "Let's go get some hot chocolate while we wait for them to clean up." She nodded and followed the Icelander quietly to the snack stand. (Y/N) took a sip of her drink "What are we doing after this? Drinks or Lukas' house?" Emil drummed his fingers on the side of his cup "Since the game is done early, Tino suggested going out for dinner instead. You okay with that?" She smiled and nodded "I'm okay with that." She glanced at her watch "They should be done now. Let's go meet up with them." Emil nodded and the two quickly finished their drinks before making their way down to the locker room.

The boys exited the room the moment they arrived. Tino rushed over to her and enveloped her in a tight hug "Did you enjoy the game?" She hugged him back with a small smile "I did. You did fantastic Tino." His bright smile caused a light pink to dust her cheeks. She shook her head to clear her thoughts. The Finnish male, who was normally affectionate yet laid-back, tended to get energetic on days where he had a hockey game. She placed her hand in his "Emil told me we were getting dinner." He adjusted his hockey bag "Yeah. It'll be a nice change of scenery." He leaned close to her and whispered "And as much as I love to drink, I'm a bit too exhausted to deal with a drunk Mathias." (Y/N) laughed lightly at the comment and nodded in agreement.

The group made their way to the nearest family restaurant and took a seat in a large booth. (Y/N) found herself situated in between Mathias and Tino. Mathias chatted happily about the game and the dinosaur chicken nuggets on the menu. She turned to look at Tino "Congrats on winning the game. You really were amazing. The way you slammed the opposing player into the board was awesome to watch." Tino smiled warmly at her and ignored to the best of his abilities his red cheeks "Thank you." He glanced around them with an awkward expression "Is it weird to kiss you in a family restaurant while surrounded by my family?" She smiled at his expression and placed a kiss on his lips "I don't think it is." They both ignored Mathias stating "It is weird" and started discussing the match in detail.

Notes:

I apologize for the horrible description of a hockey game. I know nothing about the sport, and I had to ask my friend for help.

I read somewhere that when Tino is nervous, he speaks in an odd way, that's why the last sentence seems out of character

Sorry for the late update. I'm at work right now and I completely forgot to post this.

Prompt: hockey

I hope you enjoyed this

Next is Poland

Edit: I just want to make it clear that if I do get a request, they will be updated on Friday instead of Wednesday. This is only because I'm working 7 out of 7 days of the week for two months and my time to write is limited. Which means that the chapter that would have gone up, would be replaced by the request. If I really cannot manage to find the time to do the request, it may take a longer time and I apologize for any delays.