China x Reader

China (Wang Yao) x Reader

Snow crunched under his feet as he wandered through the silent village in the middle of the night. He observed his surroundings with a keen eye, searching for a sign of something that could harm the village's residents. His brown eyes landed on a female walking through the streets with her arms filled with pieces of wood. He made his way over to her and greeted her with a soft smile "What are you doing out at night? It's dangerous around here." She shifted the wood in her arms to prevent them from falling and smiled at him "I just needed some wood for a fire. It's quite cold in my house." She observed his uniform "Are you a soldier?" He smiled brightly and nodded "I am." He took some of the wood out of her arms "Allow me to escort you back to your house?" She chuckled at his eager personality and agreed.

They walked towards her house in a comfortable silence. They stopped at her door and she turned to look at him once she had finished placing the wood on the ground "Can I ask your name?" "Wang Yao, but you can call me Yao. And your name is?" He asked, the tip of his ears turning pink when she sent him a kind smile "(Y/N)." She opened the door to her home and turned to look at him for a brief moment "I hope we meet again Yao." He watched silently as she closed the door and left him alone in the once again silent village.

Morning arrived and Yao searched throughout the village for her. He asked around shop owners if they had seen her, but none of them had seen her for the day. He plopped down at the bench and sighed. He had been looking forward to seeing her again and getting to know her better after their short encounter. People tended to avoid him when they found out he was a soldier, even though he was protecting them, but she hadn't seemed bothered by it. "Is something wrong Yao?" A voice asked, and he looked up to find (Y/N) smiling down at him. He smiled up at her and stood up once again "No, nothing is wrong anymore." She merely smiled in reply. He glanced down at the bags in her hands "Have you just finished shopping?" She followed his gaze and sighed "Yes, but I'm not quite sure what I'd like to make for dinner today. I just bought my usual ingredients."

He hesitated for a moment, before deciding it would be worth it if she agreed "I could cook for you." He smiled brightly at her "I think I'm a great chef." She paused at his words. She didn't know how to feel about a stranger, much less a soldier, entering her home, however, she observed his expression and nodded with a small smile "I would like that. Thank you very much." His smile grew and he took one of the bags out of her hands to alleviate the pressure and she smiled at the kind action. He chatted about potential dishes he could make and listened to her opinion on them. They arrived at her home and she opened the door for both of them to enter. Yao paused at the door way and entered when she nodded for him to come in "Thank you." She didn't reply, but he could see the smile she tried to hide.

He made himself comfortable in the kitchen and got to work preparing the ingredients. (Y/N) stood to the side "Would you like me to help?" He shook his head and gestured for her to take a seat at the nearby dining table that would allow them to converse "I'm alright. I'm doing this to help you relax." She paused at the unfamiliar word, but nodded with a content smile. The two talked as he cooked the meal and he explained the steps to her as he did them. He glanced at her to notice her watching him intently with interested eyes. He continued cooking with a small smile on his face.

An hour later the food had been completed and he gently placed a plate in front of her. (Y/N) patiently waited for him to take a seat across from her before beginning her meal. She hummed in delight at the wonderful taste and looked up from her plate to note him watching her "Thank you for this. It's delicious." He smiled happily at her compliment and began to eat his own plate. Easy conversation flowed throughout the dinner and (Y/N) washed the dishes as Yao dried them next to her. "Thank you" he stated, and she paused to look at him curiously "What for?" He placed the cup in the cupboard "Just for being kind." (Y/N) smiled and went back to washing the dishes "It's the least I could do." The conversation between the two ended only to be replaced by a comfortable silence as they cleaned their dishes.

Notes:

Prompt: Soldier

This is set in older times. There's no specific time period, but I had that vibe in mind while writing this

I hope you enjoyed this

Next is Switzerland