Japan x Reader

Japan (Kiku Honda/Honda Kiku) x Reader

Ink seeped into the paper as Kiku doodled on the margins of his paper as Antonio chatted away at the podium. (Y/N) watched him from the corner of her eye as she absentmindedly typed down what the Spaniard was saying. The Japanese male looked content for the first time in a while. It was rare to find moments of peace as a diplomat of a nation. Kiku looked up from his paper and glanced over at his seat partner. (Y/N) fully turned to look at her partner and gestured for him to wait a moment. He watched her curiously as she ripped a piece of paper out of her notebook and scribbled words down. She passed the note and he looked it over 'Let's go for dinner after this.' He wrote down a quick 'ok' and passed it back to her. They both turned their attention back to Antonio who continued to ramble at the podium. (Y/N) glanced at Ludwig and took quick notice of the fatigue in his eyes and clear annoyance he tried desperately to mask. 

Moments later, Antonio stepped down and the next person took his place. The same process continued for several hours until the clock hit 6:00 pm and Ludwig announced the end of the meeting. (Y/N) stretched out her fatigue and looked over at Kiku. He silently remained focused on gathering his items and their fellow diplomats chatted with each other after spending hours not being able to talk to each other. He placed his final item in his briefcase and looked over at her with a small smile "Are you ready to go for dinner (Y/N)?" She quickly shoved her items in her own briefcase and matched his smile "I am." The pair stood up from their quite uncomfortable chairs and made their way out of the meeting hall.

Their arms occasionally brushed as they walked down the surprisingly empty hallways. Kiku nervously cleared his throat "Is there somewhere you'd like to go to?" (Y/N) smiled at his nervous action. They'd been dancing around their romantic feelings for each other for roughly two years. She wanted to take action, but she feared she scare off the normally reserved and quiet male. "I didn't quite have one in mind. How about you pick this time?" She replied, moving slightly to walk a little bit closer to him. He stuttered out his reply as pink decorated his pale skin and reached the tip of his ears. The dinner had passed by quickly and filled with moments of joy and adoration. They exited the restaurant with their hands close to touching, but neither dared to make that final move to solidify everything. 

The city sounds that surrounded them attributed to the comfortable atmosphere the two had managed to create. They engaged in idle chatter as they walked down the sidewalk and past familiar yet unfamiliar sights. "Stop walking" someone said, and they stopped walking to turn around. (Y/N) looked at the woman in front of her curiously "Did something happen?" "Come here" she beckoned with her revealed hand towards the dark alley. Kiku shook his head "No thank you. We'd feel more comfortable out here." (Y/N) nodded in agreement, silently searching for her phone to call her security that she was sure was nearby.

The woman muttered curses under her breath and took her other hand out of her pocket as (Y/N) finished sending a text to her team. "Come here" she repeated, gesturing to the alley with her newly revealed weapon. Kiku nodded and followed her directions. He gripped (Y/N)'s hand and pulled her close to him when they arrived at the destination. "Wallet" she said, gesturing at Kiku first and then (Y/N) when he tossed her his wallet. (Y/N) obliged and hoped her security team would get here faster. The woman opened Kiku's wallet and inspected his ID. She shoved the two wallets in her pocket and aimed the weapon once again at Kiku. 

(Y/N) moved forward in protest, but took a step back when the woman trained her weapon on her. She turned back to Kiku "A diplomat?" "Yes" he replied curtly. "I don't like you guys" she stated, a small smile on her face "You politicians ruined the world for me." The next moment the trigger was pulled with cold certainty and (Y/N) watched Kiku fall to the ground. She stared at him with disbelief at first, unable to process the act that had just occurred. Tears began to well within her eyes "Kiku?" She fell to the ground next to him "Kiku? C'mon, please. Open your eyes Kiku. I can't do this without you Kiku." Her eyes watered as her grief slowly began to encompass her. She gripped his hand tightly in hers "Kiku. Please don't do this. Please Come back to me." (Y/N) didn't register the gun now aimed at her until the sound rang through the air.

Notes: 

Prompt: Grief. Start of the angst challenge

"past familiar yet unfamiliar sights" means they've been there before, but it's still new to them as they don't see it often 

I hope you enjoyed this 

Next is Austria