Konan x Fem Reader- Moving on

Konan x Fem Reader! AU!

—————————————————————————————-

You watched, despair filling as you watched the person you love hunched up over a gravestone crying, her form racked with grief as the tears fell to the earth relentlessly. She remained there, motionless for hour upon endless hour, uncaring of the rain that pounded relentlessly against her. You could only stand there, powerless to do anything to help her as she trembled there, vulnerable.

Alone.

Mourning.

You couldn't do anything other than watch.

And you hated it. You hated the feeling of weakness it caused as you were rendered useless.

But you couldn't do anything about it.

——————————————————————————————-

You followed silently as Nagato came and helped Konan home, comforting her as she clung to him for support, allowing him to lead her home, whispering words you couldn't hear into her ear as the grave was left behind. You glanced backwards, your eyes trailing over the name inscribed there, anguish filling you as you confirmed the truth of the situation.

This was reality. And it has never been more cruel.

————————————————————————————————-

You gazed at the scene from beside your beloved, relief worming its way up as you saw her smile. She was slowly recovering, her smiles becoming more frequent and she spent less time crying. She was moving on.

You should be happy for her. But you couldn't help that feeling of melancholy that formed in your stomach, sinking down, causing you to frown slightly.

Reality was torture. A torture from which you had no escape.

———————————————————————————————————

You smiled, watching as Konan stood up, her beautiful voice resounding through the room in a speech that she had written about peace. She was fulfilling her dream. Pride and joy welled up in you as you observed the sheer joy on her face as people applauded, your own applause going unheard.

She couldn't hear you.

And that fact, made your eyes glassy with tears that you refused to shed.

——————————————————————————————————-

The tears fell unremitingly as you observed her stand at the end of the aisle, ethereal in her white dress, saying the words "I do."

That should have been you by her side.

You should be happy for her. You should be happy that she is happy. But why does your heart scream in anguish as she kisses someone else? Why is that she will never kiss you again? Her arms will never hold you again?

She will never look at you again.

Your restraint shattered as you began to sob, sorrow echoing in your voice as you let out a scream, agony and despair going unheard by the world as you crumple to the floor in despair as people pass by without seeing you.

Why does it have to be this way?

———————————————————————————————-

You watched, a stubborn ache in your chest as you watched Konan laugh with her children, pressing a kiss to Nagato's lips as he left their house. You sighed, decided already.

You couldn't be here anymore. By Konan's side, you were slowly being destroyed inside.

You loved her. Watching her with someone else was torture.

And you couldn't take it anymore. You were going to go.

You were going to dissapear at last.

——————————————————————————————

You sighed, your hand gently tracing the gravestone without actually touching it, your eyes once again looking at the inscription, a pang hitting you like a punch in the stomach. You felt a wetness  form in your eyes as you stood there, feeling isolated. You had never felt so completely and utterly alone.

No-one was there for you anymore. No-one to hold you, to comfort you, to kiss you.

No-one. You were alone.

The sound of footsteps echoed through the graveyard, causing your head to snap up, only to freeze in shock at the sight of the only person you have ever loved coming to a stop in front of the gravestone. She smiled slightly as she began to talk to the gravestone, unaware of your presence beside her:

"[Name], I miss you so much. I love you. I really love you. But your not here anymore. And it feels like there is a hole in me. It hurts. It hurts without you."

She began to cry, tears falling remorselessly as she knelt there.

You were glad.

She still loved you.

And you could finally pass on.

You felt your heart warm as you moved closer to her, wrapping your arms around her and pressing a kiss to her forehead, not caring if she couldn't hear or feel you as you felt yourself slowly disspitate, your words left as a whisper on the wind that caused her eyes to widen in shock at the whisper that sounded in her ear and the feel of anothers arms remaining behind:

"I love you, even in death."

———————————————————————————————-

Sad, random oneshot that I wrote on a whim~

If you would like to request something, please do!