Tobi x Fem Reader- Lucky escape

Tobi x Fem Reader! AU!

——————————————

You smiled as you checked your phone, finding a message from your boyfriend, a light laugh escaping you at the sheer childishness he displays.

Tobi made cake for [Name]! Tobi is a good boy! Will [Name] be home soon?

-Tobi

It was truly adorable the way he would act so happy-go-lucky and hyper, only to become serious a few moments later before returning to being serious. You found it interesting, as he never failed to surprise you and you loved everything about him. He had slowly and subtley became closer to you everyday since you had first met, walking slighlty closer to you, hugging you more frequently and before you knew it, he was always at your side. It just became natural for him to be there. You didn't realise that you had fallen for him, until oneday he had pressed his lips against yours innocently after asking if you tasted like dango. Your face had flushed quite comically and you had stuttered whilst he grinned childishly, the realisation hitting you as though someone had slapped you across the face using a plank of wood, only for it to turn into cotton wool moments before impact, numbing the world around you and leaving you feeling fuzzy- you were in love. And you had never felt so happy. You hummed slightly as you walked down the street, relishing in the memories you shared together.

Suddenly, the peaceful atmosphere was ripped apart, dissapearing as though it had never existed- as easily as crashing through the surface of water, barely any resistance battering against you as you shattered the serenity of the entire body. The sound of tires screeching against the pavementin protest chorused with the urgent blaring of a horn and the warning screams of someone submerged in panic. You turned, your eyes dilating in terror as you saw the sight of a car swerving towards you at dangerous speeds, out of control. Your heart pounded in your ears, a speeding hum that seemed to wail endlessly as time slowed. Your breath stopped in your throat, as you stared at the oncoming vehicle, the meaning of the situation hitting you like a plank of wood being slapped across your face with brutal strength, only for it to snap, splintering into your flesh and tunneling down to your nerve cells, battering them and igniting the fear in you.

It was going to kill you.

Images flashed through your mind like a broken video player stuck on rewind:

Tobi hugging you.

Tobi laughing childishly.

Tobi tricking Deidara and being chased down.

Tobi being serious while removing a splinter from your foot.

Tobi kissing you.

...

Ah... Tobi... would be left alone...

Adrenaline welled up, exploding out and surging through your veins at breakneck speed as you sprinted, your breath coming in short breaths as you darted away from the incoming danger with agility powered by the fear of death. In a desperate effort to survive you leapt out of the way, your body crashing to the to the floor and rolling out of the way moments before the car collided with the space you had been standing prior, as you panted on the floor a safe distance on the way. Your body shook as you checked, acertaining that you were alive, only to find that you were.

You were lucky. You knew that. You had survived. You had been lucky enough to hear the car early enough to allow you to dive out of the way, granting you a lucky escape.

But it could have easily gone differently. You knew that. And it terrified you.

You walked home in a daze, starting at the sound of oncoming vehicles, afraid it may happen again and you will not get of so lucky that time. You just wanted to be back with him. You wanted to feel his arms around you in one of his warm hugs that seem to make the surrounding world melt away, leaving it as only the two of you. After what seemed like an eternity, you stumbled through the door into your house, the smell of cake greeting you, earning a slight smile as you shut the door, before the fatigue seemed to hit, your legs feeling weak all of a sudden as you stood there. He came rushing through into the room, his arms above his head and a smile on his face as he cried:

"[Name]-chan is back!", before he paused, lowering his arms, his face becoming serious as he took in your form; trembling, covered in dirt, bruised and your eyes screaming with tears that begged for release. He approached you, so that he stood in front of you, before you collapsed against him, his arms wrapping around you as you came to his embrace, a hand stroking your hair as you cried, recounting the events between sobs. His grip on you tightened marginally, pressing a kiss to the back of your head as he promised you:

"[Name]-chan won't have to leave, for Tobi will protect you."

————————————

A Tobi oneshot! I wanted to write a oneshot about this, so I asked Tigzy435 about who to use as a love interest and they said Tobi, so here we are! No idea as to the turn out, but whatever! ....And I seem to put the reader into near death situations alot.......

If you would like to request something, please do!