Naruto (No romance)- A caged bird

The most ridiculously long piece of crap I have ever written.

Dedicated to @Tigzy435 and @JamesZoo for motivating me to continue it and not let it rot in the drafts.

————————————————————

A cry. The sound of a childs cry filled the air, ripping through the illlusion of silence, peace and serenity that hung in the air. It cried and screamed with a fervour of someone fighting to live, fighting to survive, fighting to be free. Hatred, despair and desperation filled this cry as the child fought and squirmed and writhed in its mother's arms.

But no-one knew why.

No-one understand the childs fear. No-one knew what it was afraid of.

They never tried to understand. And that was their first mistake.

————————————————————————

The child was named Hyuuga Arashi, member of the branch family and the bastard of the Hyuuga clan. To the Hyuuga, purity and power was everything. Their blood could not be tainted, would not be tainted. They did everything to ensure that it would remain pure and within their grasp.

Everything.

So when it was revealed that there was a child born from one outside the clan as a result of the infedility of one of their own, they were far from pleased. More so upon meeting the child. The child was hated, shunned and looked down upon, the pale eyes of the clan looking at him with distaste.

They wanted him dead. They wanted him gone, like the stain he was.

But the feeling was mutual. He did not like them either.

They were an eyesore.

————————————————————————

Arashi was a quiet child, silent and watchful as he listened and observed, eyes wary and suspicious. He knew more than anyone, he knew things that he shouldn't know. He avoided people subtly and carefully, working his way out of encounters that could have had backlash on him. He was perceptive, always alert for danger.

He was cautious.

But they did not notice, for he was not available for comparison with other children. He was trained every moment, isolated and worked to the bone to prepare him to be a weapon. To mould him into a tool. To create something disposable, they prepared him. He was worked, taught and drilled until he was battered and exhausted. And he was silent throughout. He held up a stoney exterior in which no-one could gleam any information. A perfect mask.

But beneath it all, he was bitter. He hated them.

And they never saw the true depths of that hatred.

They were blind, despite the power of their eyes.

———————————————————————

He recieved the seal by the age of 4. As an illegitimate child, he was required to serve the main house like a member of the branch. It was expected. He fully understood what was going to happen when he was called to meet with the clan head and the elders. He knew what they were going to do. That did not mean, however, that he was calm about the ordeal. He fought and fought and depserately tried to escape with a fervour that was only displayed in a Hyuuga in times of duress, terror clearly displayed on his expression which was void of it's mask as he was restrained by two branch members who watched blankly as the seal was carved into his forehead, forever binding him to the clan.