Sasori x Fem Reader- Eternal

Sasori x Fem reader! AU!

Requested by Tigzy435

———————————-

 You were bored. Very bored. You felt as though any energy you had was slowly being drained from your body by tiny needles that numbed your body, leaving you feeling empty and drained whilst your brain screamed with a desire for freedom, for a release from the boredom by doing something- anything.

You hated the feeling. Almost as much as your roommate hated the idea of feelings all together. He views love as irrelevant and claimed that he had abandoned all emotions, leaving him as empty as the puppets he so admired. But you knew this to be a lie. While he does act very realistic, nihilistic and could quite possibly be downright cruel at times, you saw the feelings that he hides- the rare smiles he lets slip; the small acts of kindness he does without anyone noticing; the passion for art that is equal to Deidara's but he hides it beneath the layers of indifference he has built up.

And you had fallen in love with him. But the idea of confessing was nearly as terrifying as stabbing yourself in the foot before stepping into a body of water that was slowly being heated and was filled with sharks and piranhas whilst you were paralyzed by a poison that was slowly killing you by eating away your nerve cells, causing you to lose your senses as you were trapped, immobile in a place where everything could kill you and you could do nothing but rely on luck whilst you wait for deaths jaws to clamp down on you, teeth crushing through you.

..............

Nope. Scratch that thought. It's more terrifying, actually. At least with that scenario, the outcome was near certain and it was only the method that would change- you would die. With Sasori, any number of things could happen- the majority of them were not in your favour. Some of which could be that your entire relationship was torn to shreds by that single confession. And you knew as much.

But there was still the chance- no matter how slim or near nonexistent it may be, that he would reply positively. And you clung to that chance, like the last leaf clings to a tree as winter dawns, refusing desperatley to accept that they couldn't be together anymore before it lost it's grip and fell, being battered from side to side as the winds mocked it, slowing it's misery as it cries out, it's voice remaining unheard as it slowly crumples, it's body falling apart as time goes on with their seperation never ending, until finally, the leaf dies, its life lost and forgotten whilst the tree lives on, forgetting about the leaf as more grow in its place.

You didn't want to be that leaf.

A sigh escaped your lips as you stood, a newfound resolve welling up in your gut (you hoped it wasn't nausea and that you were making a horrible mistake) as you left your room, padding silently across the floor of the hallway and knocking on the large wooden door, silently slipping into the room after a brief wait, walking so you were standing beside him as he sat at his desk, working on creating puppets(he had long since learnt that trying to stop you from entering his room was a waster of effort that he did not have the patience to try). The only notion as to him acknowledging your presence was the slight sigh he gave out, his red hair ruffling slightly at the near nonexistent movement as he continued with his work, whilst you stood watching him for a while, before you became bored and asked:

"Sasori. If you don't mind me asking and please don't try to kill me for saying that I will just pester you until you answer, but why do you view art as eternal?"

He froze for a fraction of a second at this, the lapse in movement so brief that it would have been unnoticable if you didn't know him so well and had been watching him very carefully, before he recovered and replied:

"Eternal is something beautiful that can be admired forever. It will never dissapear and will remain uncorrupted by time and outer forces that wish to change it, untouchable to forces that wish to harm it. It will remain the same forever- unchanged, perfect and pure. Art should last forever. That is why art is eternal."

You contemplated his words, a small smile appearing on your face for a brief moment before it dissapeared and you were serious, swallowing briefly and wiping your clammy hands on your trousers before speaking:

"So my love for you is like your art., then"

He paused and turned to stare at you, his face unreadable as he studied you, searching for any trace of lie or mockery in your words. He took in the blush that crept onto your face under his gaze, the absent minded fidgeting of your hands, the audible pounding of your heart and your apparent desperation to look away but stubbornly held his stare- a near invisible smirk working onto his face. A brief time past, before his lips were on yours, pulling you into an impatient kiss, his only words being:

"I despise being made to wait."

——————————————————————-

I did it! I did it! It's probably OOC, angst somehow managed to work it's way into it as I was typing and there is a random 119 word analogy about a leaf in the middle of it, but I wrote it! I hope you liked it!

If you would like to request something, please do!