Fem reader x Kakuzu- Unnatural genorousity

Fem Reader x Kakuzu! AU!

——————————————

Your boyfriend is a greedy and selfish, money-obsessed bastard who would rather cut of and burn one of his limbs than waste money. You knew that and loved him despite it. You have known him well enough to understand that he loves money and have little doubt that he would likely lean towards saving money over your own life and when he did save you, he would do so whilst complaining about how much money he had lost. And he would never- I repeat NEVER, pay for anything he didn't absolutely have to. But that was Kakuzu- you understood and respected that. It didn't really matter- as long as you were with him and he didn't attempt to rob anyone of their money, then his obsession wasn't much of a problem- because it didn't define him as a person.

So, it is understandable that when he offered to pay for the date you were on, you responded by taking a step away from him in shock and asking "Who the hell are you and what have you done with Kakuzu?"

He merely deadpanned.

You stared at him then looked at the sky "Is the apocolypse going to happen tomorow and we are all going to die?"

"No"

"Do you have a fever?"

"No."

"Are you being blackmailed?"

"No."

"Bribed?"

"No."

"Drunk?"

"No."

You stared at him whilst trying to decipher any information you could find in his unique green eyes, but could find nothing. Eventually, you sighed and said:

"So why are you suddenly interested in paying? When you are the person who near killed Hidan for going over budget by the slightest amount?" Now, when asking this question you were expecting a scowl or a glare or a rant about how important that slightest but of money was. Nothing could have prepared you for his response.

He blushed.

.....

Yep, the world is ending and everybody is going to die.

Now, Kakuzu has never blushed and you thought he was incapable of doing so, so it is obviously understandable that you nearly dropped your drink at the sight of a faint pink colouring his tanned cheeks. He coughed, looking slightly embaressed as he put the money on the table and grabbed your hand, pulling you out of the cafe, to which you obediently followed as you were currently questioning as to whether or not you had gone insane and were hallucinating. The firm grip on your hand, however, proved that you were not.

By this point you were certain a meteor was going to come hurtling towards the earth and kill everyone in existence at the occurance of these incredibly rare moments that you never expected to see. Ever. So as Kakuzu looked away slightly, and spoke, you were sure nothing could surprise you:

"Uh, Konan told me that if I don't start putting you before money you might leave me and that I should work on being less greedy."

Well, you stand corrected. This statement had you full out gaping as he started to appear visibly uncomfortable, playing with his hair slightly at your gaping. So when a smile breaks out on your face and you lean up on the tips of your toes to press a  kiss to his lips, to say that he was relieved would be like trying to say that the universe was big- a severe understatement. You pulled away after a moment, intertwining his hand with yours as you smiled and said softly:

"Of course I'd never leave you, stupid."

—————————————————————————————————

Boom! Another chapter! I had this idea in my mind and wrote it, because i thought it was cute. Though I couldn't think of a good ending and i am not particlarly adept at humor, so it proved a slight bit difficult to write.

If you have any requests, I would be more than happy to write them!

Vote, comment, follow, glomp.