Kakuzu x Fem Reader- Wreckage

Kakuzu x Fem Reader! AU!

———————————-

This couldn't be happening. It just wasn't possible. You were ferverently hoping that someone would tell you that it was all a sick and twisted joke, revealing that nothing had actually happened. But, by some cruel trick of fate or a truly horrible mistake, you were stuck standing there, watching in despair as your house was consumed by flames, the firemen working to contain the flames from spreading to the anywhere else.

But they couldn't save your house. The flames had devoured it- crushing everything you had owned underfoot and ripping it apart, as easily as tearing as disrupting water. One ripple was all that was needed to send the rest of the water crashing into chaos. Little survived, the few things you found among the wreckage were all worthless- nothing you loved or needed. Nothing.

A mere void remaining.

Everything you owned, any sense of normality in your life was ripped from your grasp within the space of a few minutes.

You were homeless.

Alone.

Afraid.

You had no money. No insurance. Nothing but the clothing you wore and your phone. You felt like you might shatter beneath the weight of the emotions that piled onto you, intent on suffocating you beneath their weight, crushing the life out of you as you screamed silently, remaining unheard by everything as you wasted away in a gutter somewhere. You leaned against the wall for support, suddenly feeling weak and tired. You just wanted to cry.

But you couldn't. The tears wouldn't come, your eyes painfully dry as you stared blankly at the wreckage that was once your home, vaguely wondering why this was happening.

What did you ever do to become a victim of arson?

What felt like hours passed, (when it was only a few minutes), time dragging slowly as though the world around you had been dumped into a fast moving current, every movement they make a battle against the water. The sound of ringing snapped you from your trance, taking out your phone and feeling an intake of breath occur at the caller name.Your boyfriend. But he rarely called. He didn't like to spend the money.

But you found that you didn't care. It may be out of character for him, but at this moment of time you just wanted to hear his voice. You wanted a reminder that you were not alone.

You wanted everything to be okay.

"Kakuzu..."

Your voice shook as you spoke, unnussually quiet. You were close to the breaking point on the ice, where you make a wrong step and the whole lake cracks beneath you, causing you to plunge into the freezing depths that encase you in the bleak temperatures. And he could tell, you were painfully aware of it. The sound of beeping signalled that he had hung up, causing you to sigh. Time dragged by until you heard the sound that you had longed to hear, a beacon in your darkness,:

"[Name]."

You turned towards the voice, your body began to tremble with unshed tears as you saw him, walking towards you, his ussually cold green eyes shining with thinly veiled worry. When he was in front of you, he wrapped his arms around you, a comforting gesture that shocked you, for he was not overly fond of acts of public affection. And the tears shattered through, cascading down your cheeks in a torrent as you clung to him, let the stress, the confusion and the shock seep out of you as you cried. His arms, strong and comforting were all you needed to shatter without restraint. His deep, rough voice was the most welcoming thing in existence as he spoke:

"I will always be here for you."

-——————————————————-

Another oneshot! This had meant to be a fluffy oneshot involving the reader breaking into Kakuzu's room because they forgot their keys, but it turned into angst as I wrote it... The angst just keeps on coming...

If you would like to request something, please do!