Deidara x Fem Reader- Birthday surprise

Birthday present for @Tigzy435. Happy Birthday~!

———————————————————————————————————————————

You yawned, stretching out your arms as you groggily moved about to get ready for the day, eyes glancing to the calendar every now and again as if assuring yourself of the date. But no matter how many times you glanced at it, it didn't change. It didn't reveal that it was all an illusion or a dream- it was real. It was your birthday. And you were turning eighteen.

Now, people always seem to describe it as being an amazing event that was the turning point of your life and deserved a massive celebration because it was such a special day, but you, to be honest, you were not particularly excited. You felt no magical tingling that suddenyl hit you like a bolt of electricity and made you jump into the air screaming "I'M EIGHTEEN YOU LOSERS! AHAHA! I CAN RULE THE WORLD!" or some kind of explosion that suddenly goes off in your mind and everything s suddenly 10,00,000,000 times more amazing.

Nope. None of that. You felt the same as you did every day. Ordinary. Normal. If anything, it was more like you had woke up and something said "Bada-bing-bada-boom. You're one year older. See you in 365 days for the next one."

So, understandably, the enthusiasm people were showing for this day was rather baffling to you and  the idea of throwing a massive party gave you a headache. You much prefered to have a quiet celebration, with your boyfriend. Speaking of whom, where the hell is he? Sighing, you went over to the door and slowly opened it, only to jump in shock as an explosion suddenly ripped through the air, disturbing the earth and causing tremours as the world was outside the window was lit up with the colours of fire and destruction. You stood, stunned for a few moments as you got over the shock of it, only to feel irritation hit you full blast at the realisation of what was causing the detonations.

That idiot chose this time for his art show?

You groaned slightly as you made your way out of the house to find him, patience running thin at it all. Sure enough, moments later a figure with long hair like the sun was standing a few feet ahead of you as you made your way to their side, clicking your tongue slightly in annoyance before you said:

"Why the hell are you blowing things up at this time of day?"

He turned around at the sound of your footsteps, smirk widening slightly as his visible blue eye sparkled with excitement as he wrapped an arm around you and pointed at the sky as you raised an eyebrow in question, to which he replied:

"Just watch, yeah!"

Sceptical, you watched the sky only for your eyes to widen in awe as the sky suddenly erupted in a magnificent display of fire and colour, images being spread through the light. It was beautiful, so beautiful. It looked like the stars had burst into a magnitude of colour, light and beauty that illuminated the world, overshadowing everything with its brilliance.

You turned to look at Deidara, face displaying your confusion and surprise at it all, to which he merely smiled and said:

"Happy Birthday, un."

You blinked, mind processing this before your features softened into a smile as you felt warmth fill you at his actions and the intent behind it all. He leant down slightly and pressed his lips against yours in a brief kiss before you pulled apart and returned to watching the display, leaning against his chest as he held you close to him, murmuring softly in your ear words that made your smile grow wider as you settled into bliss, the world completely perfect at that moment in time:

"It's nearly as beautiful as you, un"

———————————————————————————————————————————

So, at last~! I wasn't too sure as to how it was going to go, but I did it. I did it, and with no angst at all! Whooo~!

If you would like to request something, please do!