Kakuzu x Fem Reader- Astraphobia

Kakuzu x Fem Reader! AU! for GrizzlyXAkatsuki

—————————————-

You were uneasy. You paced around the bedroom, glancing at the clock  frequently as you bit on the tip of your thumb hard enough to draw blood in your apprehension, your heart rate increasing with every minute passing, The clocks ticking mocked her as you wallowed in terror, ticking away with every minute, rendering you unable to forget for even a moment.

18:57

Your hands became clammy, sweat forming as you began to panic.

18:58

You were having trouble remembering how to breathe.

18:59

Nausea setlled in your stomach like ice, as the designated moment neared. Your panic began to increase until the designated time in which hell shall occur flashed up at you in red, as though announcing your death sentence:

19:00

The sound of thunder resounded throughout like thousands of dullahan riding across the earth, causing you to collapse with a whimper, tears forming in your eyes as the lightning accompaniement echoed, an encore to the orchestra of fear that is a thunderstorm. You crawled under the table, burying your head in your knees in an attempt to drown out the clashes that seemed to surround you- drawing closer and closer every second, taunting you. Tormenting you- enjoying your fear as you curled there, shaking and chanting desperately under your breath, hoping for a release from the despair.

It was a sadistic bastard that you would love to punch in the face if it wasn't terrifying and had a physical form for you to punch.

You didn't notice the silent footsteps that headed towards you or the concerned gaze a pair of special green eyes gave you as they approached. You didn't notice until a strong arm encircled your trembling form, wrapping a blanket around your trembling form as you huddled into the broad chest of the male holding you. You became vaguely aware of the sound of music and glanced up in surprise to find that Kakuzu had placed a pair of headphones on your ears, from which an ipod was playing your favorite songs at full volume to block out the storm.

But you didn't own any headphones or an ipod. But, then how...

You smiled slightly at the realisation- Kakuzu had gone out and brought them for you to block out the storm. He had willingly spent money to help you.

If that didn''t show love, then you don't know what does. You closed your eyes and snuggled closer to him, as his arms tightened protectively around you.

And suddenly, the storm wasn't as threatening anymore.

Because by his side, you were safe.

———————————————————————————————-

Ehe~! It's done!

If you would like to make a request, please do!