Deidara x Fem Reader- Light

Deidara x Fem Reader!

Note: This is based entirely on my imagination so it is likely to not be accurate.

——————————————————————

You opened your eyes, confusion filling you as you found nothing but darkness around you.

But, what? Why? Surely there should be at least some light, any at all.

Or your eyes should be adjusting to the darkness by now, but it shows no sign of lessining, the lack of light suffocating you, drowning you in its depths. A sense of panic began to fill you as you found that you couldn't see anything. You closed your eyes, clenching them shut before opening them, only to bite your lip hard, drawing blood in an attempt to prevent yourself from screaming as the darkness remained stubbornly, not moving.

You were terrified.

Why couldn't you see? What is going on? You moved your hand to your face, only to find nothing. Just darkness. Thick, unpenetrable darkness.

Why? This shouldn't be happening.

It doesn't make sense at all and you don't like it one bit. 

The sound of footsteps approaching caused you to jump, your body tensing in preperation for an attack, only to relax when Deidara's voice cut through the darkness:

"[Name], are you alright, un?"

You sighed, your head tilting slightly in relief as you spoke:

"Deidara, could you turn the lights on please? I can't see a thing in this darkness."

Much to your confusion, there was no light entering your vision, removing the darkness, but the sound of Deidara coming to a stop, before his voice came once again, confusion clear:

"What are you talking about, hm? The lights are on, yeah."

You inhaled, your breath coming short as you took in the meaning of his words. But, if the lights are on, then why is it so dark?

But that doesn't make sense. It would imply that you are...

No. Please no. God no.

It can't be. You can't be blind. It can't be.

You turned your head frantically, only to find that you were unable to see him, but his voice was definetley coming from the area that you were looking at, confirming your fears.

You were blind. You would be forever confined to the world of darkness.

You would never see again.

The sensation of a wetness on your cheeks was the only notification you had that you were crying, as you felt your body start to tremble at the realisation. Your world was now darkness. You felt arms wrap around you, causing you to tense slightly before you calmed down upon acertaining that it was only Deidara, burying your face in what you were nearly certain was his chest, letting your body tremble as you cried, your voice coming out weak and vulnerable as you spoke, feeling like you were signing your death sentence:

"I-I can't see."

You heard an intake of breath and felt your chin lifted up as Deidara looked at your face, confirming your suspiscions when your eyes were glassy and unfocused, not meeting his and not reacting to his stare, his heart dropping at the terror you felt.

You were trapped in a world of darkness.

You would never see light again. Colour, shapes and people- everything would become mere memories. And you felt isolated-alone. You couldn't see his facial expression, you couldn't tell what he was thinking, you could just feel the silence that was amplified in your empty world, your heart racing as you tried to figure it out, doubt ever present in your fear.

Was he going to leave you? Were you a liability? Would he kill you?

You had never felt so afraid. You didn't want to be alone.

But you did not expect to feel the slight presence of tears as he pressed his face into your hair, surprising you as you felt his arms tighten around you, holding you as close as he could as your body trembled, his voice a warmth, a comfort- a beacon of light to you in the dark confines of what was now your world:

"I will always be here, yeah. I will be your light for you, un."

—————————————————————————————-

A little Deidara thing that I thought up and had to write because it was persistent and was starting to give me a migraine. A little short and OOC, so I may edit it later. I hope you like it!

If you would like to reques something, please do!