(Kuroko no Basuke) Kise x Reader

Requested by Tigzy435

Note: The ************** indicates the start/ finish of the flashback.

————————————————————

"[Name]! You can take a break now!"

Blinking, you looked up from your task of helping with the towels and nodded in confirmation to Nijimura's command, passing the towels in your hands to an awaiting Momoi before walking to the edge of the room to rest.

You leaned against the wall of the gym, a bottle of water in hand, eyes sliding shut for a moment as you allowed yourself to have a moment. A moment to take in the familiar thump of the basketballs being bounced against the floor, a sound that always relaxed you. Contentment washed over you pleasantly as you rested far from the crowd and the noise and the people, just alone among the presence of the sport you knew so well.

Suddenly, a loud bang caused you to tense, eyes flashing open as you looked around in momentary panic as you regained your bearings, eyes landing on what was the cause of the start. A blonde and a blue haired male were playing one on one.

Aomine Daiki and Kise Ryouta.

With a slight sigh, you resettled yourself in your position, eyes carefully observing as the blonde haired figure began to laugh sheepishly, beaming at the taller player with enthusiasm that baffled you slightly and most certainly did not make you blush.

Nope. No blushing here.

....

...Okay, maybe a little.

Your eyes slid closed as you allowed yourself a few moments to rest, turning your focus completely to the-

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

It rang in your ears, a calming lullaby that washed away the tension from your body. You were unaware as you fell into unconsciousness, the fatigue bearing down on you as suddenly as the nostalgic memories.

***************************************************

Kise was a model and a talented sports player. He was extremely popular, having a large fanbase and a horde of admirers who followed all the time wit bright smiles and overwhelming interest that must become rather suffocating at times. Before he joined the basketball club, you had only ever seen glances of him around school. Always surrounded by people.

Never allowed a moments peace.

And all those times, you had never seen him genuinely smile. His gaze was always bored until he was among others, at which point he would smile and laugh, but they weren't real. They weren't happy, emotional or legitamite. They were the type of smile you would see in magazines, in commercials, in photographs.

A mask.

He always seemed rather lonely.

Serious.

But more prominently, bored.

And despite your vague interest in him, you waved it off and continued on with your life, perfectly happy to ignore his existence and nagging feeling it left in your mind.

That is, until he joined your club. Frankly, when he entered with such a... flamboyant way of acting, you were surprised.

At least, for the first fifteen minutes you were. Then he spoke to you and you were somewhere between annoyed and amused. After all, anyone would be when he started flirting in a way that was so...excitable?