Naruto (No Romance)- Trust

As a ninja, you soon learn not to trust anyone, for that trust is a weapon more dangerous than any other known to humanity for it is a product of human emotion and is so very weak. So easily manipulated.

Never trust anyone.

If you trust someone, you are vulnerable, powerless, impotent. When you trust someone, you show them everything about yourself. You forget about the lies, the impurity of humanity and the fact that people will stab you in the back without a second thought.

You grow naive, comfortable, complacent around them.

You never doubt. Never question.

You don't think twice about telling them potentially harmful secrets because there is absolutely no way that they would be relaying your every word to another because you trust them.

And that will be your downfall.

You never doubt the intentions behind their smile, in their eyes, in their voice as they laugh and coax you into having another drink because, after all why on earth would they want to poison you, as you trust them? The idea that they are laughing as you are slowly burnt out from the inside is ludicrous because you cannot see past the blind faith you have in them and that will be why you will end up a corpse left to rot.

You cannot see their hand squeezing the life from your heart.

If that person who you showed your entire heart and handed it to them on a silver platter betrayed you, spat on your trust and ripped it to pieces, you would be broken. You would not be able to react as they come running at you with a weapon that is soaked in the blood of your allies and friends that they killed, driving it through your eye and into your brain as you cry helplessly, rendered incapable because you were foolish enough to trust as a ninja and now that trust has come back to kill you.

You bore your heart for them and they burnt it in return.

As a ninja, you cannot trust because otherwise, you will die. When your friend turns rogue due to turning mad as they trusted the village only to have it betray them, you will be killed as you foolishly attempt to reason with them because when trust is destroyed only hatred can be born. And that hatred will destroy you as deep down you still blindly believe in them as you attempt to understand but you can't because they tell you lie after lie after lie until you're drowning among the sea of deceit, falsehoods and betrayal because people always lie and nobody ever sees the truth.

The lies will never leave you.

It would torture you until the day you stopped breathing as you would always remember the time when you still trusted them, for it is a scar and scars never leave you no matter how much you want to forget. But at least at this point nothing can hurt you anymore because you have felt the despair, the anguish, the agony of betrayal and nothing is more painful than that.

Nothing.

Or maybe, just maybe you will be the one to kill them. You will be the one to drive your weapon through their heart, crying silent tears of anguish as their warm blood splatters everywhere and stains your skin, a memoir that will never leave you because you will always see their blood on your hands as you remember the smile they used to show you before everything went spiraling down to hell. And whenever you wake up screaming silently because your voice will never be heard, you will wish you were dead because anything would be better than this living hell.

And you will learn that it would have been better if you had never trusted at all.

Trust is a double bladed weapon.

And you never notice when it is poised to pierce your heart.

Nobody ever notices.

Not until it is all too late.

——————————————————————————————————————

So I wanted to write something psychological that was short (not counting the big ass oneshot that is already over 2000 words and still going....) so I decided to write this because angsty/ tragedy things are fun to write about.

If you would like to request something, please do!