Itachi x OC- Somniphobia

Itachi x OC. AU. Not a request, but JamesZoo decided on Itachi when I couldn't decide on who to use, so it is dedicated to them!

——————————————————————-

Akari sat in a chair, nervously looking at the clock as she absent midedly flipped through the pages of her book, not paying much attention to it as she watched in horror as the minutes ticked by at a speed that was much too fast for her liking, nausea filling her as she thought about the prospect of facing it alone. She had to face that torture tonight. She swallowed, her mouth dry as she began to sweat slightly in trepidation. Her body was showing signs of fatigue that demanded sleep or else she might collapse.

But her mind disagreed. Her mind was petrified of the idea of sleeping. It didn't want her to sleep- she couldn't help the fear that sleep causes her. But sadly, she could last very little without sleep. When she had attempted to avoid sleeping for a couple of days she had collapsed, confirming her boyfriends suspicions that he had, despite her belief that she had hidden it well enough. He was understanding, unlike the other people who had said "Your being ridiculous! It's just putting a name to everything that makes it happen!", upon finding out and was able to help her with her fear by comforting her and waiting till she was asleep before sleeping himself, always by her side incase she woke up panicking. But tonight, Itachi had to stay out late due to some work that needed completing.

So she was alone. Afraid and alone. Finally, time decided that it was time for the dreaded event to occur and the clocks numbers changed, setting it all off.

00:00

The drowsiness came first, hitting her like a torrent of ice-cold rain in a storm, preluding the full attack of the fear to follow shortly. Her heart began to pound frantically and relentlessly against her chest as it became difficult to breathe, collapsing to the floor in a trembling heap at the overwhelming torrent of fear the came crashing down upon her vulnerable form, drowning her in it. Tears formed in her eyes as curled there, hugging her knees as she desperatley tried to calm her hyperventalating for many long minutes, until the sound of running footsteps resounded throughout the room mere moments before a pair of strong but comforting arms wrapped around her trembling form, pulling her close to a warm chest as a hand rubbed comforting circles on her back. He spoke, his voice warm and comforting, a lifeline to the girl suspended in panic:

"Breathe slowly for me Akari." Her breathing began to slow as she attempted to focus on nothing but his voice and the steady beat of his heart that played like a lullaby for her.

"It will be alright." In his arms, the fear began to fade, slowly evaporating away as though it was defeated.

"You are fine. I am here for you now." She was. She truly felt safe in his arms, his presence providing a greater comfort than anything else as he dispelled her dread. She looked up into his onyx eyes and and smiled tiredly at him, relishing in the way that he smiled slightly in relief that she was ok, pressing a kiss to her forehead as they settled down in eachothers arms, as he watched over her lovingly, warmly and protectively, guarding her from the emotions that try to besiege her. And she is content.

For in his arms, sleep wasn't terrifying anymore.

———————————————————————————————————-

There we go. It is done. This is partly based on personal experience, so it is probably different to what other people experience.

If you would like to request something, please do!

Vote, comment, follow, glomp!