Naruto (No Romance)- A ninja

There are as many ninja as there are stars in the sky. They are uncountable, plentiful and, more predominently, disposable. It never matters. There are always more to replace any lost. 

Always.

No-one ever notices if one of them dies. No-one notices if one of the people they vaguely knew from the street dissapears. No-one notices if the few, insignificant people that they never thought to spare a thought for are suddenly missing limbs.

For they don't care. They don't care about the small, insignificant ninja who have no fame to their name. They don't care about those who work in the shadows. For they never see them.

Or rather, they don't want to see them. They don't want to know about those who fight and kill and die and suffer to protect them.

They don't want to see the truth behind life as a ninja. They don't want the details, the truth, the facts. They just want the stories, the lies, the glorification of reality they refuse to see past.

They don't want to hear about those who are tortured and killed and and betrayed and are slowly driven insane as they see everyone they know die right in front of their eyes and can't do anything about it. They don't want to face the truth about what they do with their mass of weapons and jutsu and other tools that they use to fight for their lives every. Single. Day.

They don't want to think about why they kill, torture and die. No. They just know that they kill and they avoid them because they don't want to live with murderers. They don't see past the label, the facade, the appearence that they keep up to hide the dark, dark truth to the scarred human beings that have seen death and horror and trauma day after day after day and will continue seeing it for the rest of their lives because once you are a ninja, you are one for life.

You cannot forget the instincts, the blood, the screams, the grief, the guilt, the fear- the fact that your life depends on you being wary of everything and that anyone could kill you.

You can never forget.

For it is reality. And that reality will always haunt you, in your dreams in your thoughts in your reflexes- it will always hound you, plague you, terrorize you. Always. And sometimes, your survival rests on it. Your life rests on the ability to jolt awake and attack anyone who approaches you in your sleep because that person could be an enemy out to kill you and you must always be alert because if you aren't then you will die.

But they don't try to understand. They don't care about the fact that this happens in order to ensure that the village they live in stays safe. They simply mock, gossip and shun, driving them further down, down, down into the pit of despair and not caring about it because they never try to think about the people they are damaging with their thoughtless words. Driving them to madness.

But, in the end, this is the reality.

For that is the life a ninja.

And you will always be a ninja.

Even after death.

————————————————————————-

So, I was reading a fanfiction and it made me think about the way civillians treat ninja's and stuff and then Bam- this was made.

If you would like to request something, please do!