Tobi x Fem Reader- At last

Requested by OtakuWhovian1224

—————————————————————————————————————-

A yawn escaped you as you rested your chin in your hand, gazing out at the night sky from your window with a sense of melancholy. Silence echoed around you, allowing you to dwell on your memories and thoughts and emotions as the cold air drifted in. It was cold but, somehow, it felt welcoming.

[You never even noticed as your eyes slid shut and you fell into darkness.]

Suddenly, a voice coming from behind you caused you to freeze, recognising the deep, velvety tone you thought you would never hear again:

"[Name]..."

Slowly, hesitantly you turned around, eyes wide with shock as your eyes were met with the sight of... him... standing there, in front of you.Your mouth opened and closed uselessly several times as you attempted to understand the situation before you clenched your eyes shut forcefully, opening them only to find....

No change had occured. He didn't disappear. Which meant it wasn't an illusion or a dream.

It was real.

But... but that couldn't be right? He... he died. He was killed right in front of you. You were right there as he bled out, life draining from his beaten and broken body. You had seen it.

He was dead. As you had been forced to accept after breaking down in to tears, collapsing over his lifeless form as despair drowned you.

He was dead and nothing could change that fact.

But... why? Why is it that he was standing right in front of you, cracked mask as obnoxiously bright as ever?

You remained stunned, wondering not for the first time that night if you were insane, only to jump as his hand reached out and caressed your cheek gently. And at the familiar gesture that held such love, such care from the same hand you had clung to as it drained of warmth and lay limp, you brokedown.

Tears streamed down your face silently as you dove into his arms, clinging to the black material that was fast growing wet as tightly as you could, a strangled sob escaping as his arms that were warm and oh god, how you had missed it wrapped around you, clutching you tightly to his chest as though he had never let you go and the sound of the comforting heartbeat sounded in your ears, informing you that he was actually there.

You remained like that until you spoke, voice trembling as much as your heart was:

"Are you...?"

For a heart stopping moment, you thought he was going to reply yes but he simply buried his face in your hair, muffling the following:

"No."

You swallowed dryly, a vague, terrifying realisation settling inside you as you ventured, voice cracking slightly with emotion:

"Then.. am I...?"

The silence that followed was dripping with tension, until finally, he replied with a voice that was very quiet:

"Yes."

You remained frozen for a few long, long moments, before you extracted yourself from his embrace, a smile on your face as the tears continued to fall, entwining your fingers with his as you stated:

"Well then. We better go haven't we. Sorry for making you wait for so long."

And as you both began to walk away into the unknown that is the afterlife, his reply echoed in your ears, warming your heart as you smiled, relieved to be with him at last:

"I would have waited forever to have you back in my arms."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————

There you go, I attempted to add in more dialogue this time as most of my oneshots have been pretty description reliant. I hope you liked it.

If you would like to request something, please do!