Orochimaru x Fem Reader- The truth of love.

Requested by jadejolt

—————————————————-

A yawn escaped your lips as you strolled through the streets of Konoha, bored out of your wits. Why wasn't anything interesting happening? I mean, sheesh. There is a limit to how peaceful a place can be. Your eyes scanned the people around you, noting down various things about them because it was observation and observation is one of the most enjoyable passtimes you know of.

After all, humanity was such an entertaining species, for they all had so many faults. For example, a man started to stutter, sweat dripping down his forehead as he apologised to the woman who was telling him off. But his words held no sincerity and his stuttering was far too forced to be convincing. Humming thoughtfully, you mused over the possibilities before coming to a conclusion. The man was acting, having multiple affairs and held no love for the woman in front of him who was likely his "lover", to use the term loosely. He would eventually be killed in a fit of rage by one of these lovers who was a ninja.

It would happen soon. And it was very entertaining.

Bored by the scene now, you returned to scanning the crowd for something interesting, only to stop on the sight of a pale man with black hair that you knew very well, causing a delighted glint to enter your eyes as you moved forwards to him, calling his name as you came into step beside him with a bright smile on your face as he turned his head to face you, pressing a light kiss to his lips. The golden eyes that made you melt a little inside everytime they met your own were staring at you with amusement, a smirk on his face as he asked:

"Observing people again?"

A slight giggle escaped as you grinned proudly and began to relay your observations on the earlier man, to which he listened intently. You didn't notice the calculating glint in his eyes as you spoke delightedly, finishing with a flourish of your hands. He voiced, amusement clear:

"A rather sadistic hobby you have."

You laughed, mischief in your eyes as you replied jokingly:

"Not as bad as yours, Orochimaru my dear."

His gaze darkened unnoticeabley, before he laughed , intwining your hands as you both continued on your way. You didn't notice the way his smirk had turned cold, calculating.

For you had no idea how correct your statement was.

—————————————————

Four days later the man was found dead. His jugular vein had been hacked to pieces by one of his lovers who had snapped.

You stood by Orochimaru, smiling as you were revealed to be correct. Your smile was delighted. His was hungry.

But for what, you wouldn't know until it was too late.

———————————————————

As the days passed, he began to become more reclusive. He spent less time with you and his eyes began to darken.

And you were worried. But when you voiced it to him, he simply kissed you and said that you would find out soon.

If only 'soon' had never come.

——————————————————

Seven days later, you found yourself being guided through the woods by your lover, confusion and intrigue filling you at where he might be taking you. There was something... strange about him. He was acting different.

But you didn't know how. Didn't know why. You couldn't figure it out and it was irritating you to no end because since when was it this hard to read someone? But his grip on your hand was gentle.

You could trust him. You were certain about that, because you loved him.

So when he led you into what was apparently a cave, you only felt a little nervous. After all, he wouldn't hurt you... would he? You were led through the cave, suspicion and fear growing with every step until you came to a door. The door opened and you were led through it. And what greeted your eyes was...

...children. Hundreds and hundreds of children encased in glass containers filled with liquid. They just floated there eerily, unmoving. It was like they were dead. You didn't notice the door shutting behind the two of you. Terror filled you as you began to tremble slightly, voice a quiet whimper:

"...Orochimaru...? W-what is this?"

He stopped, turning to face you with a smile as he reached out to cup your face with his hand. You were too shocked to do anything but tremble as he replied:

"Why, they are my experiments of course."

You backed away, a horrible mixture of shock, betrayal and disgust that made you want to gag filling you as his eyes stared at you with a frightening intensity before you let out a cry and tried to run, ripping yourself from his grip as you desperately clawed at the door, tears streaming down your face.

But he simply watched, amusement and satisfaction visible on his expression. And the only thing you could hear was the words he said that caused you to freeze in terror. For those words were a promise that you knew he would uphold.

"You will never leave me, [Name]. I won't allow it."

You loved him but you didn't want this. You never wanted this.

"You will be by my side forever."

Oh god no. Please now. This can't be happening.

"I will never let you go."

————————————————

There we go. I had trouble with Shino, so I wrote the Orochimaru one first. :P I hope you enjoyed it.

If you would like to request something, please do!