Deidara X Fem Reader- Fire

Deidara x Fem Reader

Dedicated to JamesZoo because they helped me choose the love interest!

————————————————————-

Terror ignited in your stomach, setting alite and raging throughout your body like a bomb, overwhelming you in it's colossal being that threatened to drown you as you stumbled blindly, the world around you obscured by thick, endless smoke that besieged you- taunting and mocking you as it rendered you vulnerable, terrified and alone, silencing your cries for help as effortlessly as one would crush a fly.

Afraid.

It was as though you were trapped in a gruesome nightmare, a place unwelcoming of humans.

You shouldn't be here.

The fire danced around you, a hostile entity that seemed intent on isolating you- cutting of all escape before closing in on you slowly, ever so slowly as it drained your life from you, relishing in your fear, feeding of off it as it grew- towering over you as they gained power and heat. It followed you, stalking you like a predator to it's prey, toying with you before it pounced, burning through yor skin, pain piercing every cell in your body as it tore you to pieces, not allowing you the mercy of bleeding to death as the scorching flames devoured you, ripping away any evidence of your existence and leaving behind an empty shell to laugh at you with, as it relished in the pain caused to those who loved you whilst you died a slow, tortuous death alone.

Alone.

You couldn't breathe. Your lungs ached as the smoke battered against them, clawing like thousands of crazed beasts that were intent on destroying any oxygen available to you. Every passing second the pain grew, as though a layer of coal was forming, encasing every part of your lungs, hardening and burning- rendering you choking on the smoke that was trying to drown you. Your eyes burned as it forced it's way into them from the air, agony of a depth you had never felt before. The heat was unbearable, forcing it's way into your being, mutilating you as it howled endlessley- a mere taster of the pain that would break you.

Pain.

Tears burned in your eyes, falling without regard to your pain as you broke, the anxiety shattering you as you collapsed, unable to move anymore as your muscles burned with fatigue. The callous, cruel reality crippled your hope as you sat there, choking on your own hysterics, the sound of your heart pounding faster and faster until it became a hum as you saw your skin burn- darkening to a raw, blackened omen of death.

You were going to die.

A panicked voice filled with worry registered in your ringing ears:

"[NAME], UN!"

You felt your eyes slide shut, your last thought being of your regret as you saw a glimpse of long blonde hair and blue eyes in your mind.

Ah...I'm going to be leaving him alone.

I'm sorry, Deidara. I won't be able to keep our promise.

*********************

You smiled, laughter dancing in your eyes as you watched your boyfriend talking about his art, his enthusiasm and joy was infectious. The nightmare of his near death a few months ago felt so distant, so... surreal. He suddenly stopped talking, his blue eyes unnusually serious as they bore into yours, no trace of his smirk. After what felt like an eternity, he spoke, his words causing you to feel a variety of emotions well up into your throat, forcing you to swallow:

"[Name], promise me to never leave, hm"

You searched his face, trying to accertain as to his sudden out of character-ness, the slight faraway look in his eyes showing that, he too, was remembering the close escape he had from death. Reliving the terror, the loneliness, the emptiness that had overwhelmed you when you thought he had died in the explosion, you nodded, wrapping your arms around him in a comforting gesture.

"I will never leave you, Deidara."

************************

You plunged back to life, rolling over coughing as the green light of medical ninjutsu dissapeared from in front of your body, feeling as though you had been victim of one of Orochimaru's experiments as you expelled the remaining smoke from your lungs. A strong arm was supporting your shoulders, holding you protectively, reluctant to let you go, for fear of you vanishing. You raised your head, [eye colour] meeting the blue eyes of the one you love, a slight watery apearence to them, anxiety and relief working it's way onto his features. You felt a wetness return to your cheeks as relief flooded your mind, your arms wrapping around his neck as he pulled you into an embrace, as you cried, not missing the slight trembling of his body as he held you, his head pressed into your hair as though trying to acertain your not a hallucination. His lips met yours briefly as you clung to eachother, afraid the other might dissapear if you let go, his voice forming the words on both of your minds.

"I'm never letting you go again, un."

————————————————

BOOOM! YOU'RE ALIVE! Didn't expect that, did ya? Did you think I had really killed you? Naah, I wouldn't do that.....  Or would I? I hope you liked it!

If you would like to request something, please do!