Sasori x OC- Accepting the irrelevant

Sasori x OC written for JamesZoo

————————————-

Kaede was going to confess the truth. That is what she had resolved. Unfortunately, actually fulfilling the deed proved more difficult than she had originally thought, because, well.... it's Sasori. He has made his views on love painfully clear, so she can hardly hope for much. At all.

....

In fact, it pretty much seems to be a hopeless endeavour to her, but nevertheless- she wants to try. Key word being wants. Regrettably, so far any attempt has her stammering and leaves unable to remember how to formulate words properly due to the unnatural timidity that overcomes her when his calm brown eyes scrutinize her as she attempts to formulate the words that turn out to be frustratingly hard to say. So far, all her attempts have ended up with brushing it of with a different subject or blushing and stuttering like an idiot before recovering a shred of her usually calm demeanour and apologising for wasting his time with an excuse that she improvised on the spot before dissapearing in the direction of a random member as his narrowed eyes observed her, a slight hint of agitation shining there. In fact, she was pretty sure he had figured it out already; after all, he had a wit as sharp as wire and analytical skills that could rival an Uchiha. Not to mention that she wasn't exactly subtle.

....

Yep. He knew. He definetely knew. That was proven when he had ordered (not asked. he doesn't ask...) her to come to his room when they had encountered eachother in the hallway a few moments ago. And that was how she ended up standing with her back pressed against the door as Sasori stood in front of her, barely an inch between the two of them as he stared at her, aggravation clear in his eyes.

"What were you going to say earlier?"

"I-I..."

When his demand was met with a silence that followed the stuttered word, as she attempted to avoid eye contact, he used a chakra string to force her to look at him and spoke again, his tone portraying the lack of patience he had.

"You know I despise being kept waiting."

Seeing that there was no possible escape available that didn't involve a fair amount of pain, (as an impatient Sasori was an angry Sasori. Which meant a fair amount of pain for the cause of it.), she swallowed and forced herself to talk, heart thrashing in fear as to his reaction to her stuttered confession:

"I l-love you.."

She shut her eyes tightly, prepared for the rejection or rage or the feel of a metal tail pressed against her neck

What she did not expect was a pair of lips against hers, leaving her dumbfounded and flustered when he pulled away and said:

"I may believe love to be irrelevant. But if it's with you, I can accept this weakness."

———————————————————————

...There it is... It's done...

If you would like to request, please do!