Naruto x Fem Reader- Missing you.

Requested by WhateverUCanImagine

——————————————

You stood in the hallway to your apartment, leaning against the wall as you found yourself unable to support yourself. Your eyes began to sting as your eyes slowly dragged their gaze across everything around you, mind sluggishly processing what you saw and heard.

Or rather, didn't hear.

It was quiet. Peaceful. It should have been a pleasant change from the noise. It should have been something you would enjoy.

And yet, you felt empty. It was like... like there was something missing. As though someone had torn a fundamental part out of you and you were left with a gaping hole that was a constant reminder that you were missing something. Something important.

Ah.. that's right. He had gone.

Naruto. The person you love and who has always been by your side. He was always there to make you laugh, to cheer you up when you are down. He always filled the silence, never allowing a single moment to be wasted between the two of you.

But he had left. He was gone for the next three years.

And you hadn't realized how much you would miss him until the moment that he slipped from your reach. You miss him so much. Even though you know he will return and he will not be gone forever, you miss him and it hurts so much.

But that wouldn't bring him back. Nothing would bring him back until he was strong enough to bring back... Sasuke. He was fixated on dragging him back to the village that he could see nothing else and he would not stop until it was done.

Which is why he was gone and he wouldn't be coming back.

A sudden stubborn lump settled in your throat, forcing you to swallow, only for it to turn into a choked sob. It was too much for you to hold in as all the sorrow, the doubts, the worries you had been pressing down and down in an attempt to ignore came crashing up in an overwhelming mass as the tears fell down your face in thick, heavy streams.

And as your arms wrapped around your knees as you slumped against the door, the ever consistent sound of tears dripping against the floor mingling with sob after broken sob, you remembered how his warm, comforting arms would wrap around you in a clumsy but oh-so perfect embrace whenever you would cry.

And three years seemed longer than it had ever felt before.

—————————————————————

Three years had passed. You had wiled them away training and working and waiting. You had matured, grown stronger than you were before.

But you still yearned for his return.

You waited and waited and waited, clinging to the memories, the love, the promises you shared until the day he would return.

When one day, he did. You were walking through the streets quietly, navigating your way through the crowd that was always present, mind working over various issues you had been asked to help solve by your colleagues. You were tired, after having worked for the past 22 hours without food or sleep due to a sudden influx of paperwork, patients and a lack of help.

But suddenly, you heard the sound of a voice that you knew so well. A voice that you had been waiting for day-in day-out for the past three years calling your name. And like in a trance, you turned, eyes wide as you couldn't quite bring yourself to hope that it was him-

But it was. He was standing right in front of you, orange jumpsuit as bright as ever, taller than before as he stood several inches above you, blonde hair as bright as ever. His blue eyes that always made you melt were fixed upon you with his overflowing excitement that hadn't changed at all, smile bright and warm and loving and oh god, how you had missed him.

So when he spoke, you broke, crashing into him and wrapping your arms around him tightly, clinging for you dear life for fear that he would dissapear and it was all an illusion. Tears pricked at your eyes when his arms found their way around you in the warm embrace that was the same as you remembered it.

You remembered it so well and you were so grateful to have it back at last. To have him back in your arms. He smiled brightly, pressing a kiss to your forehead as he held you close, whispering softly in your ear causing a soft smile to spread across your face in the acceptance that everything was slowly returning to normal:

"I'm back. And I won't be leaving you ever again, believe it."

——————————————————————-

There ya go~ Naruto. Hope you liked it~

If you would like to request something, please do!