i told you so || k. lawley

"Hey, I'll be back later," Kian whispered, coming over to where I was laying half-asleep on the couch. He kissed the top of my head and didn't wait for a reply as he turned to go to the door, but I grabbed his hand to stop him with a yawn.

"I thought I was coming with you?" I shook my head in an attempt to wake myself up a little letting out another yawn.

He gave me an uneasy smile and patted the top of my head like I was a child, making me frown. "You're tired, you can just stay here. We don't need any help filming today."

"I wasn't offering my help, I wanted to hang out with Barrie actually," I grumbled as I ducked away from his patronizing hand. "You always offer for me to go with you." He shrugged in response but his face was giving his guilt away. "What are you hiding from me?"

"You're going to be mad at me," he mumbled, barely opening his mouth as he talked so I had to lean close to understand him. My silent stare made him squirm and he finally sighed before saying, "We're shooting each other with BB guns and I knew you would yell at us if you found out."

I stared dumbfounded at him. How was it possible that someone could think that was a good, entertaining idea? "Yeah Kian, I think anyone with a functioning brain would yell at people who were planning to shoot each other with BB guns! I swear you're all seven years old."

I shoved my feet into the nearest pair of shoes and grabbed the keys that were dangling in Kian's grip. "I promised the rest of the guys that I wouldn't tell you."

"Too late," I tossed over my shoulder as I walked out to the car. "Do you get hazard pay for this job?"

"No, but I really should," he said with a laugh.

Oscar and Will were in the driveway with Barrie when we pulled in and their faces fell when they saw I was the one driving. I threw my door open and ran straight for the fluffy dog and he reciprocated my excitement with a million kisses, making me giggle. "Are you just dropping Kian off?" Will's tone was hopeful but he pouted when I glared at him.

"No, I have to stay and make sure no one gets killed," I said. Everyone rolled their eyes, probably thinking I was being dramatic. "If you shoot someone in the eye you're going to blind them!"

"We're not stupid, we'll wear goggles," Will said and I glared at him again. The fact that he had to defend the stupid idea just showed how stupid it was.

Jc, Crawford, and Dylan, who were waiting in the backyard, were all just as excited to see me as Will and Oscar had been, but I gave them all my best smile and sat on the grass. "I'm not going to interfere, just make sure no one gets seriously hurt."

"Oh please," Jc scoffed. "My friends and I shot each other with these all the time when we were little and I'm still here. We'll be fine. Now let's get started and try to ignore (Y/N) being a buzzkill," Jc teased.

"Whatever you say. Don't come crying to me when you're bleeding and it hurts," I replied. The boys had just started the intro to the video when Brian opened the door to the backyard and all the animals of the house came running out excitedly. "Woah, no animals out here!"

"It's okay, we'll just keep them over there," Crawford said but Will was already herding them back in the door, shaking his head.

"My baby London is not going to be anywhere near this," he said, pulling hard on the door so he was sure it was latched.

I raised an eyebrow at him as he joined the group again. "But you don't care about yourselves?" He gave a dismissive wave of his hand and listened as Kian began to explain the challenge.

"So what's going to happen is we're going to be asked five general knowledge questions and we are all going to write our answers down. When we're done, we'll count how many we got wrong and however many it is, that's how many BB's the other people will be able to shoot at us." Kian looked over at me and motioned me over to stand with them. "And my beautiful girlfriend (Y/N) will be asking the questions!"

I reluctantly joined everyone and they all smirked at the fact that I would be helping with a video that I didn't want them filming. "This is against my will and I don't condone any of this," I mumbled but I Googled some questions, making sure I threw at least one or two easy ones in so that no one had to be shot all five times.

"You're going to slip me the answers, right?" Kian had a joking smile, but I handed him his paper and pen and shook my head.

"Absolutely not. And I don't want to hear one word when you get shot and it hurts."

He playfully pinched my side as I walked away, still smiling. "No way, I'm the smartest person you know. I'll get them all right."

"Can you stop flirting with your boyfriend and ask us a question please?" The rest of the boys were frowning along with Jc and bouncing their legs impatiently as I took my seat off camera and scanned down the list for the easiest one.

"What is the closest planet to the Sun?" They all began talking over each other and saying that I purposely picked all easy ones, but I held my hand up to stop them. "Oh just you wait. You'll be wishing that they were all this easy when you're getting shot at with little pellets. Okay, next is what is the only vowel not on the top line of a standard keyboard?"

The next two questions were more challenging and the complaining now shifted to how the questions were going to be too hard and I rolled my eyes as I read out the last question and tried not to laugh at their nervous faces. "What Disney princess has the least screen time?"

"I'm getting shot four times, I already know it. The only one I got right was the planet one," Crawford grumbled as I looked over his answers.

"No, you got the vowel one right too! It pays to be a gamer!" Crawford didn't seemed cheered up at the fact and ripped up the paper when I handed it back to him. All of the boys were getting shot three times except Dylan who only got two wrong. "How did you know the Disney one?"

"Good guess," he said with a blush. "I'll go first to get it over with."

All the boys took their punishments fairly well but I knew when it was Kian's turn he would complain and whine. Sure enough, after Jc did the first shot, Kian was jumping around and screaming, refusing to do his two other ones.

"Kian, you have to!" Jc could barely talk through his laughs and he finally convinced Kian to stand still long enough to fire his other two shots.

Kian stumbled over to me and pulled his shirt up over his shoulder. "I think it's broken," he groaned.

"Oh man, that one's going to hurt in the morning," I said, kissing it lightly and patting his cheek.

"It hurts now actually," he replied. I opened my mouth to tell him that this whole thing was his idea but he had already anticipated my I-told-you-so and held his hand up. "Not one word. You don't want to hear me complain it hurts so I won't."

"This is why we listen to me from now on, right?" The boys nodded in agreement, looking completely miserable.