test me || d. seavey (request - midnightxxmoments)

thanks so much for requesting! <33

"Who even likes mini-golf anyway?" Dylan was laughing as he tried to fish my ball out of the little pond and I tried not to think how this was the third time I had hit it in there.

"You do know the whole goal of mini-golf is to get a hole-in-one, or at the very least in the vicinity of the little flag over there!" Daniel was laughing at my expense along with the others, but Oscar frowned at his teasing.

"She's trying her best," he defended, putting his arm around my shoulders and turning me away from a stuttering Daniel.

"Don't be mean to him," I whispered, making Oscar frown. "You guys tease me all the time, it's no different when he does."

"Oh my gosh no way," he said, turning around to a still stunned Daniel and smirking between the two of us. "You guys are together!"

"Woah, hold on," Jc said, turning a disapproving look towards me. "What is he talking about?"

"We aren't," Daniel rushed to explain, but Jc cut him off and looked back at me.

"I'm asking you, what is Oscar talking about?"

I rolled my eyes but squirmed a little under everyone's gaze. I was grateful to have so many guys to act like my protective big brothers, but dating was not something I had ever had to deal with, especially not with someone in our friend group.

"We aren't dating so everyone just calm down." I heard Crawford let out a breath he had been holding and I narrowed my eyes at him. "But maybe we've been talking a little," I added more quietly, turning my gaze to the ground.

The guys complained the whole way out of the golf course, making sure to keep a distance between Daniel and I. I could hear poor Daniel getting a lecture from Crawford and I sent him a telepathic 'I'm sorry' message.

"Can you guys stop freaking out? I'm a grown up," I grumbled and Will smiled at my whining.

"Yeah, because pouting and stomping around is very grown up," he pointed out and I uncrossed my arms self-consciously.

We had decided to walk to a near-by diner and Crawford had finally stopped harassing Daniel. When we had arrived and I felt like the whole issue was behind us until I saw the boys whispering amongst themselves.

Daniel noticed too and gave me a nervous smile and I pushed myself into the secretive circle. "What are you guys doing?" 

"We need to make sure Daniel is worthy of your love," Brian said with a nonchalant shrug and I threw my hands up in exasperation. "What? We can't let sweet, innocent (Y/N) with with anyone less deserving!"

"You're acting like he's a complete stranger," I said, lowering my voice to add, "and you're acting like he can't hear us have this ridiculous conversation!"

"Daniel," Dylan said, motioning for Daniel to step closer to us. "This is actually a thing? You like (Y/N)?" He blushed but nodded and Dylan sighed. "All right, then we're doing this."

"Doing what exactly?" I followed the boys to a large table near the back of the restaurant and waited patiently as they ordered before asking again.

"Just ask him some questions, give him hypothetical situations to see what he would do if terrible things were to happen to you," Jc said as if that was something completely normal to do to a person.

I tried to persuade them to leave him alone but Will cut me off with a wave of his hand. "Okay Daniel, what would you do to make her feel better on her period? And yes, there is a correct answer."

Daniel's worried face was replaced by an easy smile and he leaned back in his chair. "Well first of all, heating pad, then lavender essential oils and Disney movies."

Crawford looked impressed and looked to me for approval. "Okay, that was too easy. What would be a dealbreaker for her?"

"Another easy one. If her grandma didn't like me, which she does so we have nothing to worry about," he added with a wink. He was back to being confident and I tried to tone down my wide smile.

I saw Jc whisper something out of the corner of my eye and Brian continued the round of questions. Much to my delight, Daniel passed with flying colors and I felt comfortable enough to put a hand on his arm.

"Absolutely not," Dylan said, picking up his chair and scooting in between us. "What do you think you're doing?"

"Stop annoying him! He answered all your dumb questions, now leave him alone!" I was pushing against Dylan but he was a sturdy guy and he looked amused at my attempts.

"We aren't quite done yet," Will said, an evil smile on his face. "This one is for all the marbles." Daniel rubbed his hands together and leaned forward, waiting for the question. "Tell her a big secret you've been keeping from her."

I laughed because Daniel and I don't keep secrets from each other, but the pale look that came over his face made me second guess our "relationship" if you could even call it that at this point.

"Fail!" Crawford shot up from his chair and pointed an accusatory finger at Daniel. "You can't hide things from her! That's rule number one!"

"Okay, everyone calm down a second," Daniel said, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "Don't freak out yet," he said, looking at me.

"Trying not to," I whispered back. I watched him open a text conversation with his band's producer and he tapped on a video, handing the phone to me. "What's that?"

"Just listen," he said, a smile creeping back into his face as he watched me. "So?"

I smiled and pulled the phone away from my ear, handing it back to him. "Is that you guys? It's amazing."

"It's about you," he blurted out, a shy smile on his face. I frowned in confusion and he pulled me into a hug. "We aren't even officially dating and I already love you enough to write a song about you."

A collective 'aww' came from the boys and I pulled away with a smile. "Was that good enough for you guys?"

Will shrugged and nodded. "Yeah I guess. But break her heart and I'll break your kneecaps," he said, making everyone laugh. "No I'm dead serious."