crush || o. guerra (request - @ninad223)

thanks for requesting!! <3

-------------------------

realoscarguerra followed you!

I glanced at the username that flashed at the top of my screen and clicked on it, squinting at his profile picture while the rest of his feed loaded. I was sure I had heard his name before but wasn't sure why he would be following me.

Franny walked back from the kitchen to where we were sitting in her living room and glanced over my shoulder. "Why are you stalking Oscar?"

"I'm not stalking," I mumbled, checking to see who he followed. "Oh, that's where I've heard the name before. He lives with Jc, right?"

She nodded. "He does YouTube too. I can't believe you guys have never met before since you're friends with almost everyone else." I followed him back before I actually started to dive deeper into his pictures. "Why are you smiling like that?"

"Like what?" I had to admit, he was pretty cute but I hardly knew him and I wasn't about to let Franny know I thought one of her friends was cute. She would go tell him right this minute if she knew. "I was smiling at Barrie, just so you know."

"Mmhmm, I'm sure. I was actually going over there later today to film something if you wanted to come? Maybe he'll be there and you can meet him," she suggested, wiggling her eyebrows. I nodded distractedly and she pressed her lips together. "Unless you want to just keep stalking him?"

I had come to the end of his feed and I shook my head at her. "Again, I'm not stalking him, but I'll go with you."

When we got to their house and went up to the door it was already being pulled open by none other than Oscar. We made eye contact and it took him a second to recognize me until I saw the lightbulb go off and a smile cross his face. "Hey, I just followed you this morning!"

"Yeah you did," I said with a smile and I felt Franny nudge me in the ribs discretely. "I thought I would come over and meet you in person since you apparently wanted to be friends."

He just smiled in response and stepped past us out to his car. Franny waited until he was safely inside and out of earshot before squealing at me. "You like him! Oh my gosh, this is great!"

"Okay first of all, please say it louder for the rest of the street to hear! And second of all, I do not like him. I didn't even say five words to him!" She was still giving me an excited smile and I left her on the porch, throwing myself into a conversation with Jc and Crawford to avoid her. 

We hung out at the C4 House for the whole day, and coincidentally I barely talked to anyone else because I talked to Oscar the whole time. He was just so easy-going and made me feel so relaxed that I never wanted to stop talking to him. Over the next few months, we were pretty much inseparable and I couldn't really remember what life was like without him. I think I would even go so far as saying he was my best friend.

However, there was this tiny problem of having a crush on him. It was a crush I was desperately trying to avoid, but a crush nonetheless. Franny was not helping the situation either with her constant bugging about how cute our kids would be and that I should just tell him "how I feel", even though I deny having a crush on him to anyone that asks. 

"You look really concentrated," Oscar said, snapping me away from my thoughts and back to reality. He had two dishes of ice cream in his hand, one outstretched to me, and I hoped he hadn't been standing like that for too long, staring at me. "You're thinking about how handsome I am, right?"

I pressed my lips together in a smile and rolled my eyes, following him to the table we always sat at when we came to this ice cream shop. "You know there are more important things in life than you," I said, but that was definitely not what I was thinking. 

"Okay, other than me, what could have possibly made you look so worried? I should be number one priority always," he said, keeping his joke going. I shrugged in response and avoided eye contact by busying myself with taking the plastic spoon out of its packaging."No seriously, what's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Good Lord, did I really look that deep in thought? Seriously it's nothing!" I finally got the spoon out and took a bite so I didn't have to say anything else, but he kept his gaze on me until I finally put my spoon down and crossed my arms. "I was just thinking about something Franny said, that's all."

He leaned back and mimicked my pose. "Which was?"

I hesitated, contemplating whether I really wanted to have this conversation now, but I decided that if I approached it as a joke it would maybe end up less awkward in the end. "You'll laugh, but she said that we would have cute kids. You know, if we were dating."

"I mean, she's not wrong," he said, trying to sound casual but he was suddenly very interested in his bowl. He seemed uncomfortable all of a sudden and I felt the slightest hint of disappointment, but I didn't say anything else and looked down as well. "What do you think?"

"About kids?" He shrugged and nodded, glancing up at me but quickly looking back down when he saw I was watching him. I cleared my throat and picked up my spoon, putting it down immediately after so I would have something to do with my hands. "You have a nice smile, and my eyes are okay I guess. So maybe they would."

"Your eyes are gorgeous," he mumbled barely loud enough for me to hear. He bit the inside of his cheek and took a breath. "Maybe we should do it then."

I squinted at him in surprise. "Have kids?"

All of the tension was gone from his body as he started laughing. "Well I mean I think we could start with the dating part and see where it goes." I was still looking wide-eyed at him and he smiled. "Sound like a plan?"

"Um, yeah sure," I said, feeling my cheeks getting hotter and hotter the more he smiled at me like he was.