labels *PT2*|| o. guerra (request - BlairH1000)

thanks for requesting!! <3
—————————————
I woke up to incessant knocking at my door and dragged my feet along the floor, opening it to find Oscar looking wide awake and smiling. He held out a bouquet of flowers out to me, looking extremely proud of himself. "Good morning beautiful."

"Oh yeah, I'm sure I look great," I said through a yawn, stepping back so he could come in. "Not that I don't love you coming over or anything but why are you here this early in the morning?"

He was still giving me the same proud expression as he rapped his knuckles against the counter he was leaning on, watching me make coffee. "You're free today, right?" I nodded and held the mug out to him although he already seemed wired enough. "Great! Then we are going to go on our first date this afternoon!"

This made me perk up more than the coffee would. "Oh yeah? Where?" He mimed zipping his lips and I smiled. "Oooo a mystery, I like it! Can we play a game of twenty questions so I can figure it out?"

"Absolutely not," he said, kissing my cheek and walking to the front door. "I will pick you up around lunch so please be ready."

"At least tell me what I'm supposed to wear?"

He glanced back and smiled. "I don't know, whatever you want. It doesn't have to be fancy," he replied, closing the door without another word.

Now that I knew I would be going on a date I could feel the nervous butterflies start up in my stomach, more so when I looked again at the flowers. I had mentioned once before my favorite kind of flowers and he had remembered, which made me smile.

I put them in a vase and tried to pass the time until he would be picking me up, the anxious excitement eating away at me. When he finally pulled in the driveway again he was in a Jeep that looked a lot like Bobby's.

I went outside before he could even make it to my door and he squinted against the sun to look at me. "Were you watching for me?"

"Maybe," I said with a casual shrug, but I could feel the blush creeping up on my cheeks. If he asked, it was from the California heat and not because of the way he was smiling at me. "Now will you tell me where we're going?"

"Nope, now get in the Jeep. You'll see soon. I didn't know you were so impatient." The doors had been taken off of the car and the breeze felt nice as Oscar pulled out of the driveway.

"Why do you have a Jeep all of a sudden?"

He glanced over at me. "Because it's cool and Bobby needed my car for something. I think I kind of fell in love with it now, plus it fits the vibe of where we're going."

"Is it the beach?" He just smiled in reply and I bounced excitedly until the car was parked and I could actually jump around outside. "Yes, it is the beach!"

He seemed surprised at my child-like excitement and nodded. "Yeah, I thought we could eat lunch and just kind of chill out. I'm assuming that sounds okay to you?"

"That sounds literally perfect!" I couldn't imagine a more perfect first date for someone to take me on.

He handed me a blanket to carry and picked up a cooler from the backseat and we set off to find a spot. The air was cool which meant there weren't a lot of people on the beach despite how nice of a day it really was.

We found a spot and I laid the blanket down, laying on my back and letting the sun hit my face, completely content. "You know, for someone who lives this close to the beach I've only been here a couple of times."

Oscar started unpacking bottles of water and nodded. "Yeah me too, but I don't know why. I don't have a very good excuse for not coming," he said. "So I packed a bunch of random stuff because I wasn't too sure what you liked, so just pick at whatever you want."

I propped myself up on my elbows and watched him with a dumb smile on my face. He seemed to feel me staring because he looked over with a confused expression. "What?"

"Nothing, I was just thinking about how a few days ago I would have been mortified for you to find out that I liked you and now I'm going on a date with you."

He threw his head back and laughed, nodding in agreement. "I thought you were way out of my league but here we are. I still think you're out of my league and you'll realize it soon, but until then I'm just enjoying this time." I rolled my eyes at his dramatics but thought about how it was completely the opposite way around.

The whole afternoon seemed to pass by in a blur of us eating and talking and before I realized it, the sun was down and the sky was turning to a deep blue. It was starting to get cooler and he suggested we head hone, but I couldn't go home without dipping my feet in the water, at least a little.

While Oscar started folding up our blanket, I walked to the edge of the water with my shoes in my hands and braced myself for the rush of the cold water. Oscar, who had followed me, hissed at the temperature and I nudged him in the side with my elbow.

"Don't be a wimp, it isn't that cold." He raised his eyebrows at me and I shrugged. "I've felt colder."

"Oh yeah? Why don't you go for a swim then?" His tone was playful as he lunged to grab me and I squealed as I darted just out of his grip. "C'mon tough girl, let's take a swim."

Much to my surprise, he was already slipping off his shirt and pants and I shook my head. "I don't have a bathing suit on."

"Yeah me neither, that's what underwear is for," he said with a wink, taking a deep breath and disappearing under the surface of the water.

I hesitated before telling myself that this was the kind of spontaneous thing that you would look back on and be glad you did, so I slipped my own shirt and pants off and inched my way in.

I met Oscar past where my feet could touch and he sensed my hesitation, wrapping an arm around my waist and making sure I was above the small waves hitting us. My teeth were chattering along with his and he laughed. "Cold yet?" I nodded vigorously and we both swam back to the shore, shivering at the cold air that had dropped more degrees in th short time we had been in the water.

He motioned up to where our blanket still was. "You stay here and I'll go grab that."

He came back and wrapped it around my shoulders, but I threw one of the ends over him as well. "Penguins huddle together for warmth," I offered as an explanation.

Once we were back in the car, Oscar blasted the heat even though there were no doors to keep it trapped in. "You know Bobby's going to kill me about sitting in here with wet clothes?"

"He won't find out," I said, leaning my head back against the headrest. "Thanks for today, it was the most fun I've had in awhile."

He nodded and grabbed my hand, giving it a squeeze. "Now I have to figure out how to top that on our next date."