see ya later || k. lawley

"What's it gonna be like?" I was laying on Kian's bed watching him strum his guitar. He turned towards me with a puzzled face.

"What?" he questioned.

"College. Without each other," I trailed off and looked out the window trying to picture myself in college without my best friend by my side.

Kian and I have been together for about three years and it has been some of the best years ever. He is so gentle and sweet and really makes me feel important and special when I'm feeling down.

I felt him grab my hand and I glanced over to see a hurt expression on his face.

"What makes you think it will be any different? I mean, I'll still love you and talk to you all the time," he said. I blushed and smiled at him, squeezing his hand tightly.

"And I'll love you too. But we won't see each other and I'll miss you a lot," I said. He shook his head at me and stood up, reaching for my hand.

"You won't have time to miss me. You'll see me all the time, I promise. Now let's go do something fun," he said, grinning at my confused face.

He pulled me outside and towards Bobby's Jeep. "Um you do realize Bobby will kill you if you touch his brand new car, right?" I was hesitant to get in because I didn't want Bobby to be mad at me for letting Kian do this.

"He knows I have it. He took my car so I'm just gonna use his," Kian said, shrugging and flopping into the driver's seat. I hesitantly got in and glanced around the car. It still had that new car smell and it was super clean...Kian could potentially have that ruined in a matter of minutes.

I looked over at him to see him holding a bandana and smiling evilly. "What is that for?"

"For your surprise! You're not allowed to know where we're going," he said, starting to tie the bandana around my eyes. I squirmed uncomfortably and thought of all the places he could be taking me. None of them were good.

"You're not taking me somewhere weird are you? Like some kind of reptile museum or a morgue or something?" He chuckled in response making me even more nervous.

I peeled the bandana up a little to see what road we were on but he looked over at that moment. "(Y/N)! What the heck! Do you want to ruin your surprise?" I reluctantly put the bandana back on and waited for my doom.

Finally after about forty minutes the car stopped and Kian got out. I opened my door too but I was quickly stopped.

"In a minute! Just give me a second to check on something," he said, and I could hear him running away. I sighed and braced myself for something awful. Kian's surprises can be a little twisted.

The door opened again and I heard two sets of steps. "Kian?" I waved my arms around in front of me and heard someone that wasn't Kian laugh. "I don't like this," I said waving my arms wider.

"It's me," Kian said, grabbing my arms and steering me away from the car. "Dom's here too."

"Dom!" I turned around and felt around for him. He gave me a hug and laughed. "Hey (Y/N)." He pushed me back around toward Kian and we started walking.

"Is this gonna be bad Dom?" I knew Dom wouldn't let Kian be mean to me. He chuckled and punched me lightly on the shoulder. "It'll be fine I promise," he said.

Kian opened a door and told me to stand right where I was. I could hear other people shuffling around and I took a deep breath, bracing myself for whatever was going to happen.

"Ready?" I nodded and Kian took the blindfold off.

"SURPRISE!" I looked around the room to see all of our friends and family. There were graduation balloons all over the place and the biggest cake I've ever seen. Tears filled my eyes and I threw my arms around Kian.

"Thank you, I love this!" I exclaimed as I walked to give Corey, Bobby, Franny, and my family hugs. Corey gave me a warm smile and nodded back towards Kian who had tears in his eyes. "Aww don't cry!" I ran back to Kian and jumped on his back, kissing his cheek.

The party lasted for a long time. I talked, laughed, and danced with my favorite people in the world. The car ride back to Kian's apartment was quiet but it was a comfortable silence. We pulled up into the driveway and he looked over at me.

"I don't want to say goodbye to you. You were right, this is gonna be hard without each other," he said. I shook my head and grabbed his hand.

"No it won't. Because we aren't saying goodbye, right? We're saying 'See ya later.'"