kitten || w. hadaddin (request - @susan_limelight_WDW)

thanks for requesting! <3
———————————
"So, hypothetically if your boyfriend were to get you the most amazing present in the whole world what would he be looking for?"

Will was scrolling through his phone and trying to look casual but I could tell he was actually fishing for a real answer. He always told me I was hard to shop for, but he could get me a rock and I would be completely happy.

"You don't have to get me anything," I tried, but he kicked my foot lightly and I sighed. "Would you like something realistic or my actual dream present?"

This caught his attention and he frowned over at me. "Is this a trick question?"

I smiled at him and shrugged. "Not really. I think you already know what I want."

He thought for a second before the lightbulb above his head went off. "Oh, a kitten?" I nodded excitedly but the excitement went away when I saw him biting his lip and looking incredibly concerned. "Are you aware of how many animals are in this house?"

"Yes, two very sweet dogs and a very sweet cat that is in desperate need of a friend. She told me," I said, and Indy chose this moment to jump up onto the couch and curl up between us. "See, she's coming to tell you all about it."

He shook his head with an apologetic smile. "(Y/N), I love you more than anything but I just don't think we can get another animal. Will you hate me if you don't get one?

"Maybe a little," I mumbled and he frowned. He knew I was kidding but at least a little bit of me was disappointed. I thought maybe he had been planning it as a surprise, but his poker face wasn't this good, so I knew he couldn't be hiding it from me. "Someday I will guilt you into getting me this kitten, I swear."

"Yeah, you're going to have to break me down a lot more than a few months but I'll wish you luck," he said, patting my knee. "I was thinking we could go somewhere nice for dinner? Any suggestions?"

I smiled and nodded along, but now all I could think about was the little kitten I was manifesting for my future. Will began reading off the menu of somewhere he found online but I couldn't pay attention to anything else than the kitten I had pictured in my mind.

"Will, can't you just picture a little brown kitten with a pink color just walking around the house. Wouldn't she just be the most precious thing ever?" Will nodded, continuing his search for a restaurant. "And we'll get her a little bed and little mouse toys to chase," I continued, my tone dreamy.

"It sounds like you already own this cat," he said, smiling at me. I pulled Indy up on my lap, a bit against her will, cuddling her closely. "Do you?"

I laughed at his worry and shook my head. "No but I might do it soon if no one else feels the need to do it for me. It's very hard for me to tell myself no."

The morning of my birthday, Will tried to make it extra special. He made me breakfast in bed and gave me my bouquet of my favorite flowers. "You know, sometimes I just look at you and think I am the luckiest person in the world. Right now is one of those moments."

"Because I'm doing nice things for you?" His tone was teasing as he kissed my forehead and placed a jewelry box on my lap, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Maybe you'll love me even more now that I am buying you stuff."

I rolled my eyes and glanced at him guiltily. "When I said you didn't have to get me anything I was serious." He motioned for me to open it, and I couldn't contain my gasp at seeing the necklace laying inside. "Will, this is too much," I whispered, touching the pendant carefully.

"Nothing is too much for you," he said with a smile. "Plus it looks so fancy that maybe we'll fit in at this restaurant tonight!"

The place Will had made reservations for was a much more sophisticated restaurant than the fast food we were used to and was pretty much a black tie affair. Neither one of us were very fancy people, so much so that after I had gotten ready, I peeked in at Will who was watching a video on how to correctly tie a tie. "You don't get out much, do you?"

He turned with a smirk, a smart remark ready to throw back at me, but his mouth stayed open when he looked at me. I had a super fancy dress just hanging in the back of my closet begging to be worn and I had decided today was special enough. "Wow, you look gorgeous," he whispered. I blushed under his gaze and held out the jewelry box to him.

"Can you put my necklace on for me?" He nodded and gently moved my hair to clasp it on my neck, straightening the small heart charm when I had turned back around. "How does it look?"

"Even better when it's on you," he said, cupping my cheek and motioning to his tie that was still just hanging around his neck. "Now I'm starving and I still have to tie this, so let's hurry up and figure it out."

It was such a perfect night and I couldn't remember the last time Will and I had so much time to be alone together. The only problem was that he kept checking his phone under the table when he thought I wasn't looking. The third time it happened I was a little concerned. "Is everything okay?"

He gave a distracted grunt before tucking his phone back under his leg. "Sorry, yeah everything's fine. It was just Dyl, something for YouTube."

"Remind me to tell him off for distracting you during my special birthday dinner." He smiled and nodded, glancing down at his phone again. "Does he need you?"

"Oh my gosh no! And even if he did, I wouldn't care. We are here to celebrate you and I'm being rude. He'll be fine, I'm done checking my phone now. Let's just enjoy our night."

When we were back home, I called for Indy as soon as I was in the door, like normal and heard her pattering feet running to greet me. However when I turned around there was a small brown cat with a pink collar to greet me rather than Indy.

I gasped and knelt down, letting the kitten lick my fingers and rub up against my hand, tears clouding my vision of the perfect ball of fuzz in front of me. Dylan, who had probably just realized the cat had left wherever he wanted her to be, ran into the room and swore under his breath when he saw Will and I.

"Sorry dude, this cat is like Houdini and I can't keep track of her," he said, smiling down at where I was sitting and giggling at the cat running all over my lap.

Will knelt down behind me and wrapped his arms around my shoulders. "Surprise, I guess," he whispered, kissing my cheek and smiling widely. "I had a whole plan with a box and stuff but Dylan is obviously incompetent."

Dylan tried to argue but I cut him off and snuggled the kitten close to my cheek. "No, this was literally perfect. You're amazing Will."