hair dye || w. hadaddin

"Woah, who are these handsome guys!" Jc, Will, and Oscar all smiled as they walked into the room with their fresh haircuts. I ran my hand over Will's fade and gave him a nod of approval. "I really love this."

"It looks good, right?" He couldn't stop looking at himself in the front-facing camera of his phone. "Now all I need is for Franny to come over and dye it and I'll be a whole new man."

I pursed my lips at him. "Why do you only trust her to do it?"

"Because she knows what she's doing," he replied. I frowned as he attempted to wrap his arms around my waist, which I squirmed out of. "Not that I don't trust you."

"That's what it kind of sounds like," Jc quipped and Will picked up the nearest object to chuck at him. "Hey, chill out! I'm just defending (Y/N)!"

I gave him a grateful smile and turned back to Will. "Come on, it can't be that hard! I'll just watch a YouTube video or something and if you hate it then she can just fix it."

"You know I love you," he began but trailed off when I gave him my best pleading eyes and a smile I hoped he couldn't refuse. With a sigh, he rolled his eyes but smiled back lightly. "Okay, but if you mess it up beyond Franny being able to fix it then I get to dye yours."

I knew he was hoping this would make me back down but I squealed excitedly and wrapped my arms around his neck. "You're going to look amazing!"

I forced him to go to the store with me the very next day because I knew if he sat on this idea too long he would refuse to let it happen. "Can I pick the color too?"

He laughed as if I was joking and pulled a box of pink dye from the shelf. I pouted and pointed out the blue I would've chosen, but he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and began steering me away from the aisle before I could protest. "You're lucky I'm letting you do this, I wouldn't push it if I were you."

"Fine, but can we do that one next time?" He hummed in response and I took that to mean there probably wouldn't be a next time. I broke away from his grip and grabbed the box anyway, shrugging at his confusion. "Maybe one of the other boys will let me do something."

When we got back home I immediately sat Will down and began to read the back of the box. Even though I thought the whole process was self-explanatory, I had no room to make mistakes or Will would never let me do anything to his hair again.

"Why don't we just watch a movie and cuddle instead? Franny said she could do it next week." He reached to pull me onto his lap but I stepped away and frowned.

"You already asked her?" He gave me a guilty smile at basically admitting he was waiting for me to fail. This just made me feel more determined as I pulled on the plastic gloves from the box. "You're about to look better than you have ever looked before."

"Whatever you say. But make sure to not get it below the line or your hair is getting dyed too." I shook the tiny bottle, squeezing the smallest amount onto the top if his head. He twisted his head away from my hands and turned to frown at me. "It feels like you're getting a little close back there."

I rolled my eyes and pushed his head back around. "I've barely started. Besides, it'll be your fault if I get it too low because you keep moving! Seriously, keep your head still and chill out. Everything's fine." He grumbled in response and I tried to ignore his complaints as I focused all my attention on making sure the dye wasn't getting anywhere it wasn't supposed to be.

"It's burning. It doesn't burn when Franny does it."

"It is not burning. It's all in your head. Now we just have to let it sit and then wash it out," I said, peeling the gloves off and patting his shoulder. "Thanks for being a horrible client the entire time."

He laughed and reached out to swat at me which I dodged from at the last second with a giggle. Jc came in and walked around Will, inspecting my work. "All done?"

"Yep, and he's going to look amazing!" I smiled proudly as Jc picked up the blue dye that was still in the bag, giving me a curious look "Will wouldn't let me use it but I thought it could be useful at some point. For a video or something."

Jc glanced down at the box, then between me and Will. "If he turns out looking normal, I'll let you dye a couple pieces of my hair. I was thinking about doing it myself but seeing as this makes you so happy," he said, being cut off by my tight hug I wrapped him in.

"Really? This is why you are my best friend in the whole world Jc!" Will protested from his chair but I pointed out how he had been complaining the whole time which made him shut his mouth.

When it was time to rinse the dye out, I suggested he just lean over the bathroom sink and I would do it for him. Of course, this caused more complaining about me hurting his neck, but listening to all of it was worth it when we were finally done. He smiled at me through the mirror, turning around and squeezing me.

"(Y/N), it looks great! I'm sorry I doubted you," he said, pulling away and kissing my forehead. "I guess I don't need Franny anymore."

I gave a proud smirk and pulled him back out to the living room, presenting him to the rest of the boys. "So I'm a professional hair stylist now," I began, glancing at Jc, "and you told me I could do yours if Will's looked good. And just look at how good it looks!"

Jc nodded and sat down in the chair Will had been in, wrapping the old blanket I had been using as a cape around his shoulders. "And I'm a man of my word, so make me pretty!"

"I'll let you do my whole head," Brian said from the couch, wiggling his eyebrows at me, and I couldn't contain my excitement, jumping and squealing and making the boys laugh.

"You guys are going to look so good and Franny is going to be scared that she'll be out of a job!"