let me explain || d. garcia (request - @jj_asl)

thanks so much for requesting and happy birthday! :) I hope it was amazing!! <3
—————————————
"Franny, I know I'm not the most interesting person in the world but I'm trying to tell you something." I didn't know how long she hadn't been listening, so I launched into my story again, only for her to delicately place her hand on my arm to stop me. "Why are you looking at me like you're about to tell me something awful?"

She was practically white as she looked up at me slowly. "You may want to check your Instagram."

"I don't have to do anything with Instagram today, I already posted my brand deal," I groaned, reaching for my phone anyway to see what had her all worked up. As soon as my hand was closed around it, Danny's face filled the screen and I got giddy like I always did when I saw he was calling. Even though we had been dating for a while, I still got as excited as I did the first time. "Hey, hot stuff, what's up?"

"Don't." His tone was completely serious with no hint of anything close to a smile. I frowned, taken aback at how irritated he was, and tried to think back over the past couple of hours to see if I had done something wrong. My thoughts were interrupted by him taking a deep breath. "I need to talk to you. Now."

I glanced over at Franny, who looked even more distressed than she did before, biting her fingernails as she carefully watched my reactions. "I'm at Franny's helping her with something," I said, my voice unintentionally coming out as a whisper.

"Yeah, I'm sure you are. I honestly do not care what you're doing. This is more important." The phone clicked and I was left in silence, slowly lowering it down to my lap and glancing back over to her.

Instead of making me ask again, she put her phone between us on the couch and we both peered down at it, my heart stopping when I saw it. "That's a really old picture," I whispered, picking the phone up to inspect it further.

Once upon a time, Jaden and I were together but that had been so long ago that it didn't even matter anymore. What I had with Danny was so much better, and at least I knew he wasn't using me for my follower count. This photo wasn't special, just a random shot of us outside a restaurant, but I had a sinking feeling that this was what made Danny a little on edge.

"You should go," Franny said, pulling her phone away from me and giving me an uneasy smile. "Do you want me to come?"

"No, I'm fine," I said, distractedly grabbing all of my things and driving to the C4 House with shaking hands. I opened the door cautiously and peered around the corner, being met with a distraught looking Danny. His hair was sticking out everywhere from running his hands through it and his lips were bright red from chewing on them. "Just let me explain before you get mad."

He barked out a laugh and started walking to my room. "Oh, it's way too late for that. We aren't having this conversation where everyone can hear us." I followed him with my head hung down and waited until he shut the door to look up. Prior to right now, I had never known he could be so intimidating. "Well, let's hear it."

"It's an old picture," I began but he was already shaking his head and biting his lip again. "Please Danny, why would I do that to you?"

"Yeah, why would you do that to me? Please, tell me because I think I have been a fairly decent boyfriend! I've never once made you question if I loved you, but here we are!"

For not wanting the conversation to be where everyone could hear him, he sure was yelling loud enough. I hugged my arms across my chest and winced against the noise. "You have to believe me, I don't know how to prove it but you just have to trust me. When have I ever hurt you before? You know I wouldn't do that to you," I said, my voice getting smaller as his just got louder.

"But I don't know that because this picture looks pretty cozy! I thought you didn't like PDA and that's why I can never have my arm around you like that in public? Or was that a lie too?" I tried to not let the tears fall but once they started I couldn't stop. "And now you're going to play the victim? Honestly, just tell me the truth!"

His screaming just kept getting progressively louder until the door flew open and Oscar ran over to me. I turned into my brother's chest, grateful that he would be coming to my rescue. "What's going on in here?" The other boys were waiting in the hallway as Danny spilled the whole story, cutting me off if I would try to speak up.

When I turned to see what they looked like, I wished I hadn't. They were all frowning in my direction and Oscar, who had been squeezing me tightly, released me a little and told the boys to leave. "It's an old picture, I don't even know how it got out," I sniffled, and Oscar sighed. "You believe me, don't you?"

"If you weren't over Jaden you shouldn't have agreed to go out with Danny," he said, avoiding eye contact and choosing to kick at my rug instead. "That wasn't okay."

I looked at him with exasperation, crying harder. "Oscar! You really think I would do that to someone, especially Danny?"

He left without another word and I spent the rest of the night scrolling through Instagram and Twitter and seeing all of the hateful things people were saying about me. I eventually turned my phone off and threw it to the bottom of my closet, planning on never turning it on again.

Over the next week, I only left my room when I absolutely had to. The first few days I tried to talk to the boys or Oscar, but I would either get blatantly ignored or only grunts in response with no eye contact. My anxiety was through the roof and the one person I knew could make me feel better was the person that I couldn't talk to. Napping was pretty much the only thing getting me through the week.

Just as I was about to take my fifth one of the day, I heard a knock on the door before it was opened a second later. I could immediately recognize Franny starting to yell, but I was too tired to really listen to what she was saying. I realized she had probably been trying to talk to me and came over to make sure I wasn't dead.

After a minute the door opened and I took a deep breath, having to remember how to use my voice. Had it really been that long since I talked to someone? "Really not in the mood to talk right now Fran."

"What about to me?" Danny's voice was soft, very unlike how I had heard him last time, and I turned my head to see him hovering in the doorway. "Can I come in?" Just seeing him made me think of what he was like last time and I nodded slightly, pulling my blanket around my shoulders and bracing myself for another round. "I'm sorry."

I was taken aback and frowned. "What?"

"I'm sorry I accused you of cheating on me, and I'm sorry I even thought you would do that. Just seeing that picture of you and Jaden made me so mad and I just wanted someone to blame and it ended up being you. I shouldn't have done that."

His head was hung down as he rambled and I tentatively reached out for his hand, pulling him down to sit next to me. "I really wish you would've just believed me right away. I would never hurt you like that."

He nodded, his hair in his eyes as he glanced up at me. "Franny called the company that took the picture and forced them to tell her the date it was taken. I think she would've punched me as soon as she walked in had Oscar not held her back."

Despite the situation, I laughed and sent her a telepathic thank you for always having my back. "So are we okay again? Because I really haven't had human interaction and having my brother, my boyfriend, and all my best friends mad at me for something I didn't do has been really exhausting."

"Yes, we are definitely okay. We all owe you an apology," he said, kissing my forehead as he pulled me in for a hug. I squeezed him back and smiled, burying my head in his neck. I have never needed a hug from him more.