dobrik || k. lawley (request - @HeyLia_122)

thanks for the request! <33
it's season one of the reality house and you're david dobrik's little sister who is a contestant. trisha also happens to be a contestant and kian is worried that this could be a problem.
————————
"Pleeeease," I begged, tugging on Jc's arm. He gave me a playful shove away as he packed the rest of the camera equipment into the car. "Jc, come on! I promise I'll act surprised when everyone else comes!"

"Kian, control her," Jc said, laughing as Kian caught me around the waist and kissed the top of my head.

"You know that's not fair to the rest of the contestants Miss Dobrik," he said sternly and poked my nose. I pouted and decided there was no use in wasting my breath.

I climbed into the backseat of the car, a blindfold blocking my view of everything around us. Kian and Jc were talking quietly about something that I was obviously not allowed to hear. Kian's voice sounded worried but I wasn't paying attention, figuring he was just stressed about this big project.

We finally arrived and they started recording some intro stuff, leaving me blindfolded on what I assumed was a porch. After a few minutes I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped before Kian's soft voice was in my ear.

"We're going to film your entrance first, okay?" I nodded and followed his directions, gazing up at the large house in front of me as I walked back up the driveway as if I just arrived.

I smiled and gave a shy wave at the camera, saying my name and glancing to Kian who was nodding. "Looks good!" He pulled me into the spacious living area and took a deep breath, avoiding eye contact with me.

I placed my hand on his cheek, pulling his head up so his gaze was back on me. "What's wrong love?"

"I'm so sorry but I really wasn't thinking when we were scrambling to find people so we asked someone who you're not going to like and-"

Kian was cut off by a familiar voice and I glanced over to where she stood in a revealing outfit, laughing loudly at something Jc was saying. Trisha Paytas.

My breath caught in my throat as her eyes scanned the room, landing on me. She glared but placed a sickly sweet smile on her lips walking over. Kian's hand was pressed lightly to my back, letting me know he wasn't about to leave me alone with her.

"Oh my God, it's been so long! You're David's sister, right?" I nodded and held my hand out for a handshake but she pulled me in for a hug instead, catching me off guard. "And Kian, hi!" She hugged him as well.

"Hey Trisha," he said with a tight smile, glancing between me and her apprehensively. "How was the drive?"

"Ugh traffic but what can you do." She motioned between us and raised her eyebrows. "Are you two together?"

I nodded and she gave me tight smile. "How nice! I just haven't seen you in the vlogs, Kian. Does David not like you?"

Kian tensed his hand that was on my back and shook his head. "No, David and I are pretty close, actually. We just don't really want to exploit our relationship online," he replied and I saw Trisha's eyes harden. He seemed to notice as well, quickly jumping in with saying "Not that having a relationship online is bad."

Trisha barked out a laugh that seemed more fake than anything. "I mean, look how well it worked out for me!" She turned her attention back to me. "I'm sure you've heard horror stories about me, right?"

I have but I decided to not get on her bad side, shaking my head. She just smiled and sat down, patting the couch next to her. I glanced to Kian and smiled so he knew it was okay to leave before sitting down with Trisha.

"So how is the Vlog Squad? I miss them," she said and I could sense the fakeness in her voice.

"Pretty good," I replied, choosing my words carefully. I didn't have to struggle through the conversation for long though because Corey walked in. I jumped up and squealed, running over and leaping into his arms.

"Hey Dobrik! I can't believe Kian let you do this!" He set me down and I giggled. He looked past me to where Trisha was sitting and widened his eyes. "Is that-?"

"Yep. Come save me," I begged and he laughed, rolling his suitcase over to the couch. I plopped back down and pointed to him. "Trisha, this is Corey. He's pretty close to Kian and I."

"Yeah I could see that by the way you just jumped at him," she said and I could tell it was supposed to be a snide comment.

"I'm like her big brother," Corey nodded, trying to be intimidating. I smiled, knowing he was there to have my back when Kian couldn't.

The rest of the night was uneventful until we played the first elimination game, Chad and Zach being sent home. I was really sad because Zach was actually really fun and I was looking forward to spending the weekend with him.

I watched most of the people getting blackout drunk, choosing instead to drink a bottle of water. Kian was smiling at me across the room and I stood, starting to make my way towards him before Trisha blocked my path.

"No alcohol?" I just shook my head and tried to sidestep her but she blocked me again. "You're a prude just like your brother." Her words stung a bit but I tried to ignored her, even laughing a little.

I continued walking but she roughly pulled me back and spun me around, dumping her drink down the front of my shirt. "Oops," she said, smirking.

Corey came up behind me, glaring at her. "What was that for?"

"You should be lucky that's all I'm doing. You and your brother and all of his little friends are scum and you don't deserve any of the success. In fact, you're only famous because of your boyfriend or whatever he is to you" she slurred, getting closer and closer to me.

"You're just drunk," I said, more to myself than her as I tried not to take her comments to heart. For whatever reason she took offense to my small comment, bringing her hand up to my cheek. The sting set in a moment later, after Corey had already lunged for her.

Jc quickly pulled Corey away and Kian was tugging me back from the rest of the group. I hadn't realized I was crying until he was wiping the tears away with his thumbs and pulling me close into him despite the alcohol covering my shirt.

"Sweets, did she hit you?" Kian was inspecting my cheek and I felt like everything was in slow motion. I slowly nodded and I could see the rage in his eyes. "She's gone."

I shook my head quickly. "No, send me home please. I don't want to be here after all. I won't be entertaining and I just want to go home," I whimpered and Kian shook his head.

"Absolutely not. You did nothing wrong and she's been horrible to you all day. She doesn't deserve to be here. You were so excited and she isn't going to ruin this for you." I watched Kian walk over to Trisha who still had a proud smirk on her face. She listened to whatever he had to say then shrugged and grabbed her still-packed suitcase, leaving through the front door.

Jenn, another contestant, walked over to me and gave me a once-over. "Are you okay?"

I tried to laugh and nod but it wasn't my most convincing performance. "I know she only said those things because she was drunk and mad at my brother but they still hurt." Jenn nodded and Kian walked over carrying one of his sweatshirts.

"Hey, go change okay? Take a shower. I'll be in when you're done." I nodded and turned to go but he caught my hand, causing me to turn back around. "I'm sorry. It's my fault this happened. I should've been thinking about what I was doing when I was contacting people. Jc too."

I shook my head quickly. "Don't blame yourself at all. It's okay, my cheek doesn't even hurt anymore." I smiled and he just nodded.

"And whatever she said to you isn't true either." I nodded again and he kissed my forehead, turning me back around towards his room.

I was grateful to have a sweet guy and good friends.