party queen || h. webb

"Remind me again why I decided to do this?" I ran my hands through my hair and let my head fall forward until it was resting on the edge of the table.

Harrison came up behind me and kissed the top of my head before setting his laptop down at the place next to me. He plopped down and smiled at me, grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze.

"Why are you so stressed? Everything is going to be perfect and you know it is," he said.

I shook my head and pointed at the list of things that needed to get done in the next two days before the party.

Our group of friends had decided to have a big holiday party to get in the Christmas spirit and give us a chance to all see each other. Like an idiot I volunteered to host and I was beginning to see that it was a terrible idea.

"Uh no, it won't work out. Somehow I have to magically make food for over 30 people and we have to decorate the house so it looks at least a little festive and," I trailed off with a sigh. "It will just be a disaster."

"Babe, you gotta pull your positive pants on, okay? We got this," he said in an even tone with a reassuring smile.

Harrison was always the cool one, reassuring me that everything was going to fall into place and that things always work themselves out. Of course, he was always right but I doubted him every time.

"How is it going to work itself out this time?"

"Well, it's not like we need to make a meal. We can just have little snacks. And decorating will be fun so that won't even feel like work," he said.

I layed my head down again and he reached over to rub my back. This was going to be the longest few days of my life.

The next day we had deemed 'Food Day.' We got all of the food done and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

Harrison suggested deviled eggs and pigs in a blanket which were perfect, quick and easy to make. We had plenty by the time the day was done and I was beginning to feel a little bit better about the whole situation.

The day after that we had the entire house looking festive and holly jolly. And I had to admit, it was pretty fun decorating with Harrison.

I could tell he was doing everything in his power to try and make me laugh and relax a little, and I loved him for that. By the end of the day I was feeling pretty good about everything we had accomplished.

However when the party started, the butterflies came back full force. I knew all of these people were just our friends and they would never be mean to me but I didn't want them to have a terrible time and talk about me later.

I floated around and talked to everybody, testing the waters to see how everyone was feeling until Harrison caught me by the arm and pulled me away from Nezza and David.

"Can you enjoy yourself for a second?" He handed me a glass of wine and I rolled my eyes.

"I am relaxing, I'm just talking," I said. He narrowed his eyes and laughed.

The rest of the night went smoothly and as everyone was leaving they were giving me so many compliments. I tried to hide my extremely relieved face until everyone was gone.

I went to the couch were Harrison was and fell into the cushion beside him. He slung an arm around my shoulders and I let my shoulders relax.

"I hate to say I told you so (Y/N), but I told you so," he said, a smile playing at his lips. I playfully slapped his cheek and smiled back.
——————————————————————————(A/N)- sorry if this chapter was incredibly short and sucky :( It's been a long day and I had severe writers block, but I hope you had an amazing day and are enjoying your December so far!