hospital? || c. collins

so i named your child rylee because it was too difficult to not have a name but you can change it to whatever you want! also i thought i would throw in a crawford one since him and corey are so close so let me know if you would like more of him. enjoy!
———————————————————————————
Crawford's POV
"Hey, wasn't (Y/N) supposed to be here too?" I glanced around to see if maybe I had just missed her when I walked in but she was nowhere in sight.

Jc nodded and pulled his phone out. "Rylee was sick last night and she said she would let me know if she was able to make it today but she hasn't said anything yet," he replied and I just nodded, trying to hide my disappointment. I had really been looking forward to seeing her today.

"You guys ready to start filming?" Corey clapped his hands together and everyone nodded. "(Y/N) can just jump in if she comes later."

We had gotten through a few videos before taking a break. I checked my phone to see three missed calls and a panicked voicemail from (Y/N), immediately calling her.

She answered and I could tell she was crying, her breathing uneven. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"Rylee has a really high fever and she won't stop crying and I don't know what to do," she whimpered and I felt my heart break at her shaky voice.

I was already grabbing my coat and earning some strange looks from the group. "I'm on my way over, okay? Everything's going to be okay," I said before hanging up. "Rylee is really sick and (Y/N) is freaking out," I explained on the way out the door, waving to the group and driving as quickly as possible to her apartment.

Your POV
"Mommy it hurts," Rylee whimpered and I squeezed her hand lightly. She looked so small laying in her bed, her cheeks a bright red and a thin layer of sweat covering her skin.

I wiped her forehead with a washcloth and tried to keep my composure. "I know sweet girl," I said with a smile and I was relieved when I heard a knock at the front door. "I need to go get the door but I'll be right back okay?"

Crawford barely looked up from his phone as he walked in the apartment. "So she has a fever. Anything else?"

"She hasn't eaten since yesterday morning and she says that she's cold but her fever is so high," I whispered and Crawford finally looked up with a small smile. He pulled me into his chest and I let a few tears slip out.

"Hey, it's okay. I think she might have appendicitis judging on what you've told me so we should probably take her to the hospital," he said as he rubbed my back.

I pulled away trying to keep the panic at bay. "Hospital?"

Crawford nodded and walked back the hall into Rylee's room. "Hey princess, how are you feeling?" She just whimpered in response and he sat down on the edge of the bed. "I know you feel pretty rotten but we're going to need to get up okay? We're going to take you somewhere where they'll make you feel better."

Rylee shook her head quickly. "I don't wanna go to the doctor's," she said but neither one of us missed the wince on her face when she moved.

"I know baby, but we need to get you feeling better, okay?" She sighed before nodding slowly and I moved towards her but Crawford shook his head.

"I can get her." He wrapped his arms around her and she cried as he lifted her up. "Hey, what's hurting you?" She pointed to her side and he nodded, glancing back to me. "Definitely appendicitis."

I grabbed his keys from the counter and we left the apartment, him wrapping a blanket around Rylee's body. I offered to drive so she wouldn't be jostled between us and he agreed, sitting in the passenger seat and holding her against his chest.

"This is so illegal," Crawford said with a laugh and I cracked a smile. No matter how stressed I seemed to be Crawford always made it better. He reached over with his free hand and grabbed mine, squeezing. "She's going to be okay."

I nodded and we drove the rest of the way in silence. We checked her in and sat in the waiting room for what felt like hours. When a nurse finally called her name, he handed her to me and said he would wait.

Crawford's diagnosis was right and in no time she was in for surgery. I walked out to find him in the exact same spot I had left him and smiled tiredly.

He stood when I walked in and I flopped down in the chair beside him. "She's in surgery right now and they said it'll be about an hour. Then she'll probably have to stay a day for observation."

"Wow, maybe I should be a doctor," he said, poking my side in an attempt to get me to laugh but all I could muster was a smile. "When's the last time you ate anything?" I shrugged and he frowned. "C'mon, the cafeteria is upstairs."

"I should probably stay here," I said, shaking my head although I didn't realize how hungry I actually was until he mentioned it.

"You can spare twenty minutes to take care of yourself," he said, holding his hand out for me to grab. I nodded with a smile and let him lead me to the elevator.

"You really don't need to stay," I said, suddenly nervous at us being alone. He was a good-looking guy who was spending his Saturday night in the hospital with his friend and her child. There had to be something better that he could be doing.

Crawford frowned as he paid for both of our meals and chose a spot near a window. "Of course I need to stay. You know I'm always here for you. You're my girls," he said, a slight blush spreading on his cheeks.

"And we're really grateful to have you," I said and he shook his head with a bashful smile. In a wave of confidence I put my hand on top of his and intertwined our fingers. "Seriously."

By the time we had finished in the cafeteria and made our way back downstairs Rylee was out of surgery and a nurse led us back to her room.

She was wide awake and was immediately reaching out for me when we walked in. "Look at my big girl!" I gently hugged her, being careful of the few wires attached to her body.

"I feel so much better mommy," she said with a big smile and glanced over to Crawford. "Hi Crawford!"

He laughed and walked to the other side of the bed. "Hey princess, I'm glad you're feeling better. You scared your mom pretty bad," he said and she grabbed his hand with a concerned face.

"But you took care of her right?"

Crawford nodded and smiled at her sweetness. "Of course I did."

We talked to her until she couldn't stay awake anymore and I settled into a chair beside the bed to wait out the night. Crawford pulled his car keys out and I felt a little sad at the thought of him leaving me alone.

"Hey, I'm going to go to your house to grab some stuff for you guys so text me a list, okay?" I smiled and nodded, grabbing his hand before he left.

"This is probably a weird time to ask and you don't have to say yes but do you think maybe we could go out sometime? I know you probably don't want to get involved with me having Rylee and everything but—" I rambled but he cut me off with a kiss on top of my head and his hand on my cheek.

"Absolutely. Although this was kind of a date. I mean we had dinner and everything," he said with a wink and I giggled. "But yes, I would love to."

I watched him walk away and couldn't help but smile at how amazing he was.