fake girlfriend || a. webb

"Why is England so cold?" Anderson scoffed at the question as I pushed my hands further into my pockets. I bumped my shoulder into his in annoyance, causing him to stumble off the sidewalk. "Just because you're used to the Arctic doesn't mean everyone else is."

"You're being a little dramatic," he said, smiling at me like I was a child. If I had the energy I would punch him, but I needed to focus on not freezing my appendages off. "See, we're back already."

I lunged for the front door of his house, sighing happily at the burst of hot air that greeted me as soon as I entered. Harrison's head turned to me and he seemed amused at my shivering too. "How was your walk?"

"Horrible. I wish I never suggested it," I mumbled, letting Anderson pull my coat from my shoulders before I dove onto the couch and under the other end of Harrison's blanket. "How was your nap on the nice warm couch?"

The jealousy was dripping from my voice and he smiled. "Hey, don't give me that attitude. You could've stayed in the warm house too but you insisted on seeing the snow." Anderson sat down beside me and I immediately made my head comfortable on his lap. Harrison had a teasing smile on his face as he watched us. "And tell me again, why aren't you guys dating already?"

"Because that's gross," I replied, and Anderson smacked the side of my head in annoyance. He hated when I got defensive about us dating because it made him feel unattractive, for whatever reason. "You know you guys are like my brothers."

Harrison smiled and gave Anderson a pointed look. "Do you think now is a good time to propose your idea?" I frowned between the two of them, Anderson looking like he wanted to strangle him. He untangled himself from the blanket and headed back to his room with a smirk. "I think I'll just let you two discuss this brilliant idea between yourselves."

Anderson started to yell at him but stopped when we heard Harrison's door close, turning his attention back to me and taking a deep breath. "Okay, so don't get annoyed at me."

"I'm already annoyed and you haven't started speaking."

"Shut up," he groaned. "Just listen. I was thinking about this Christmas party we're going to tomorrow and dreading the conversation with every female family member about my lack of a girlfriend."

"Anderson," I warned, knowing exactly where he was going with this.

"(Y/N)," he said in the same tone as me. I frowned up at his mocking and he clasped his hands together, desperately pleading. "Please, it's only for a few hours. I will do whatever you want, just please give me one holiday of peace around my family."

He was giving me those eyes that he knows I can't resist and I looked away so I wouldn't give in as quickly. "Don't you have another friend you could ask?"

"No one else would be as believable."

"But it would be easy for me?" He gestured to our current position with raised eyebrows and I sat up with crossed arms. "Fine, for a few hours and then never, ever again." He gave me a pleased smile and I was glad at least one of us was happy with the situation.

The next day on the car ride over we were trying to figure out how we were going to make it all look believable. "Just act like you normally do and you'll be fine," Harrison butted in from the front seat.

He ignored the comment and continued our conversation. "What if I have to kiss you?" His nose was wrinkled at the thought and I was offended at his disgust, understanding now why he hated when I did the same thing to him

"First of all, in what world would someone ask us to demonstrate that at a family Christmas party? And second of all, I'm a good kisser! You wouldn't want to kiss me?"

"Not especially. No offense," he said, patting my knee and giving it a squeeze. I crossed my arms and looked out the window in annoyance for the rest of the ride.

As soon as my feet hit the driveway, Anderson pulled me close to his side, his hand resting on my hip. I fought the urge to push him off of me in front of the people I could already feel staring at us through the window. "I don't I like your hand there," I whispered as he waved to a relative that was standing on the porch with a huge smile on her face.

"It's believable though," he whispered back, pressing a kiss to my temple as we walked up the stairs. I again had to fight the urge to shove him away and vigorously wipe the side of my head.

He introduced her as his aunt and I could immediately see why he wanted to finally bring a girlfriend to one of these. I could practically feel the excitement oozing off of her. "I'm so happy to finally see a pretty girl on your arm," she said, making Anderson smile. I ducked my head and feigned shyness so she couldn't see me rolling my eyes. Probably afraid I would blow our cover, he squeezed my side to make me giggle. "You look very nice together."

Everyone inside acted the same way, cooing over Anderson and his "new girlfriend" while dropping not-so-subtle hints to Harrison that he needed to follow in his brother's footsteps. "Too bad I can't rent you out for next Christmas," he whispered in my ear when no one was looking. I tried to contain my laughs as Anderson shot us both a warning look, making me want to laugh even more.

While everyone was preoccupied catching up with the boys and it was safe for me to leave, I slipped outside to get a break from all the people. I pulled my coat tighter around my body, sighing when a pair of warm arms wrapped over my shoulders. "Well hello there. Finally getting a break from all your adoring fans?"

Anderson laughed and rested his chin on my shoulder. "Thanks to you I am now the favorite Webb brother. We're doing a fantastic job, everyone loves you."

"You're lucky I'm so charming." He smiled at me and kissed my cheek. "Is someone watching us?"

He turned and nodded, waving to his mom and Harrison's smiling faces watching us from the door. "I can't believe we are actually pulling this off. Even my mom believes us."

He was quiet for a second and I twisted around in his arms to see his thinking face. "What's going on up there?" I knocked on his forehead and he smiled, moving to stand beside me and lean against the banister of the stairs.

"Have you ever thought that maybe we would be a good couple?" I opened my mouth to reply, studying his face carefully as I thought about what I was going to say. He looked so serious and hopeful that I thought maybe this was him revealing his actual feelings to me. Before I could say anything he shook his head and tried to bite back his laughter. "On second thought, you would be too much hassle. I can't handle that much stress in my life."

"Anderson!" He was doubled over in laughter as he dodged to avoid a smack from me, gasping for air.

"You should have seen your face!" He dodged away from me again and held his hands up in defense. "Hey, play nice! You don't want them to think you abuse me," he said between laughs.

"I thought you were serious! I was about to feel so bad for saying no but now I just want to go in there and tell them that it's all fake," I threatened. He was done laughing, now just giving me an amused smile. I rolled my eyes toward the door, and Harrison's laughing caught my attention. Their mother was still beside him, her hand raised to her mouth to hide her own laughter, and I gestured over to them. "But maybe I won't have to."

Anderson glanced over and realized what was happening, any trace of amusement gone. Harrison's expression was now wide-eyed as Anderson moved toward the door, probably with the intent to beat Harrison up for snitching on him.

I watched him pull the door open and I smiled lovingly after him. "Hey!" He turned to me and I could see people milling about close enough for them to hear us. "I love you."

He gave me a thankful smile and winked so only I could see. "Love you too."