ugly sweater || c. collins

"Please hurry," I whined into the phone, nervously looking up and down the street for the Dyl and Wyl duo to round the corner. "If the waiter comes one more time to ask if I want to order yet, I think I'm going to scream."

I heard Dylan laugh and rolled my eyes, finally seeing them just as the waiter came around for the fourth time. He waited for the boys to sit before taking our order, and Dylan gave me an amused smile. "You look tense."

"Yeah well when someone asks you to meet them at a specific time, it means to meet them at a specific time! I know you guys were just sitting at home because I was tracking Will's phone," I said, waving my own phone for emphasis.

"That's a little creepy (Y/N)," he said, wrinkling his nose but still smiling at me. "Besides, we were very busy helping the guys plan an ugly sweater party for this weekend. Are you going to come?"

I shrugged and played with my straw wrapper. "I don't like parties, you guys know that."

Dylan frowned at my answer and shot his straw wrapper at my forehead. "Boo, you're no fun!"

"Yeah, honestly (Y/N) can you please take the stick out of your butt and maybe have some fun?" The waiter chose that moment to bring us our food and he tried to hide his snicker at Will's comment. "She really is such a boring person, who doesn't like parties?"

"Will," I hissed, giving the man an embarrassed smile. I waited for him to walk away before kicking Will under the table. "You're so annoying! Why can't you just let me sit at home and enjoy my life without trying to dictate what I do!"

Dylan shoved a forkful of food in before beginning to speak. "Come on (Y/N), you moved here over a month ago and you haven't hung out with any of our friends yet."

Will and I had been best friends since high school, and I had decided to move out to California to be closer to him and help him with YouTube. Other than Dylan, who was unavoidable since I had to help film videos for their channel, I hadn't met any of their friends. It wasn't like I was purposely avoiding them, it's just that new people made me nervous.

"I know, I'm the worst," I said and Will nodded in agreement. "Can't I meet them one at a time rather than at a party with everyone at once?"

"You act like these are horrible strangers."

"They are to me," I mumbled. The boys eventually convinced me to go to the stupid party and I spent the rest of the week trying to find a suitable sweater.

I was seriously regretting my choice when I was sitting outside the C4 House, but I somehow carried myself from the car and to the front door which Will opened as soon as I stepped towards it. "Were you watching me?"

"Yeah, I thought you were never going to get out of your car. Dylan, you owe me twenty bucks!" I frowned as he pulled my coat off and looked over at Dylan who was now pouting on the couch. He seemed to sense my confusion because he led me over to sit with a big smile on his face. "Dylan bet me twenty bucks you won't show up, but here you are."

"Rude! I'm glad you lost money," I mumbled with a roll of my eyes while the boy beside Dylan laughed at my attitude. I had seen most of the people in the room before on YouTube so I could identify him as Oscar. "I'm (Y/N)," I said, leaning over Dylan to shake his hand.

"Oscar," he replied, still smiling at me. "Cool sweater, by the way. I think Crawford has the same one on."

The mention of his name was enough to make my stomach flip. Out of all of Will's friends, he was the one I was most nervous to meet. He was cute and had dimples which were my weakness when it came to boys.

The flush of my face must've given something away because Oscar's smile turned from sweet to evil in a matter of seconds. "Oh, you like his dimples? Is that why are you blushy all of a sudden?"

Dylan frowned at me and shook his head. "Oh absolutely not." Will, clueless, glanced between the two boys, then back to me. "Your BFF here has a crush on your other BFF," Dylan said, sensing the need to translate.

Will's jaw dropped as he began to vigorously shake his head. "No! Oh God help me, no way is that happening. That's disgusting!"

"Will," I hissed, trying to grab his hands so his gesturing wouldn't draw any more attention than it already had. "I don't have a crush, I barely even know him!"

"But you think he's cute," Oscar whispered as he leaned forward.

"Not helping," I whispered back. I listened to Will's endless reasons why I was not allowed to date Crawford, rolling my eyes the whole time. "Will, I do not even know this boy. Stop acting like we're going to get married.

I excused myself from the conversation to get a drink, anything to get away from Will. I poured some punch into a cup and took a sip, choking on my surprise at the amount of alcohol that had to be in it. I felt someone pat my back but I was too taken aback by the taste until I heard his voice.

"Yeah, shouldn't have put Jc in charge of that," Crawford said with a smile that put his dimples on display. "You must be Will's friend (Y/N)?"

I instantly turned into a high school girl, giggling nervously, and playing with the rim of my plastic cup. "Guilty," I replied, my voice ten times higher than it usually was. Could I have said anything dorkier?!

"I'm Crawford."

"Yeah, I know." He frowned and I could feel myself start rambling uncontrollably. "Oh I mean I watch you. Not you! Your channel! I help Will and so I watch all of his friends. Videos, I mean." Like an angel, Will appeared beside me. "Oh thank God," I whispered, turning my head so only he could hear me.

"I see you've met (Y/N). She talks a lot when she's nervous."

"Nervous?" Crawford was still frowning in confusion and Dylan appeared on my other side.

"She thinks you're cute. And apparently, she likes dimples." My face was on fire and I could only imagine how red it looked. I cursed myself for saying the thing about the dimples out loud.

Crawford was laughing, probably thinking how lame and creepy I was before he pulled out his phone and holding it out to me. "Um," I said.

"Oh, now we're speechless?" He laughed at his joke and I relaxed my shoulders a little. "Put your number in, maybe we can grab dinner sometime?"

Will opened his mouth, probably to tell Crawford no, but I elbowed his side to shut him up, reaching for the phone and handing mine to him as well. We exchanged numbers and he walked to where Jc and Kian were sitting.

"I hate this," Will sulked. My embarrassment was wearing off now and I could only smile happily. "You're annoying."

"You brought me here," I reminded him and he crossed his arms, thoroughly disgusted with the situation.

My phone buzzed and I glanced down, smiling and glancing to see Crawford smiling back.

from: dimples - by the way I think you're pretty cute too