special delivery || c. seavey

Christian opened the door of the Seavey's house to find me armed with paper, pens, glitter glue, and sparkles of all shapes and colors. He frowned and watched me dump everything on his counter. "What's all this for?"

"We are writing letters to Santa of course," I said, acting like he should've known this already. "I invited everyone over so we could make it a fun little group activity!"

He was still frowning as he picked up a marker between two fingers, letting it dangle lightly as if it was going to bite him. "I don't want to be rude or anything but aren't we all a little old to be writing letters to Santa?"

"Christian! That's awful, you're saying you're too old for Christmas magic?" He rolled his eyes at my dramatics just as Daniel came out of his room.

He surveyed my supplies, then gave us both a confused frown. "What's going on out here?"

"We're writing letters to Santa. Would you like to join us?" He gave me an excited smile and sat down, pulling a piece of paper and a tube of glitter glue towards himself. "See Christian, this is why Daniel is sometimes my favorite Seavey brother. No offense," I added at the end, causing him to roll his eyes.

Not everyone was thrilled about our activity at the beginning, but I could tell they were enjoying themselves after awhile. I was just glad we could all spend some time together.

I had just finished doodling a bow on top of my drawing of a puppy when Christian leaned over my shoulder to look, laughing lightly. "A puppy? Is Kobe not good enough for you?"

I shrugged and grinned up at him. "Of course he is but he needs a brother or sister, and the only way I'm ever going to get one is if Santa brings it for me." Christian rolled his eyes and I tried to peek over his shoulder, but he pulled the paper against his chest before I could see anything. "I let you see mine!"

"Mine's a secret, for Santa's eyes only," he said, and I pouted at him. To avoid any more whining from me, he leaned over Franny's shoulder to see what she was writing, laughing at what he found. "Really Fran?"

"What? It's nothing fancy, just a Tesla!" Everyone laughed and she shrugged. "A girl can dream, right? Maybe Santa will surprise me!"

As everyone finished their letters, they put them in a cardboard box in the middle of the table. Everyone except Daniel, who got a little too excited with the glitter glue. At this rate it probably wouldn't be dry until after Christmas, but he didn't seem to care as he kept piling mounds of glue onto it.

"Is everyone except Daniel done?" The group nodded and I pulled on my jacket as I picked the box up. "Okay Christian, let's go!"

He frowned as he slowly pulled his own jacket on. "Where are we going?"

"To deliver the letters to the post office. It's almost Christmas and Santa needs these ASAP!" He smiled at me as we said goodbye to everyone before heading out.

Christian pulled into the parking lot and looked surprised at the amount of cars. "I have never seen this parking lot so busy before. What's going on?"

"I told you silly, we're delivering our letters to Santa!" He frowned in confusion and I grabbed his hand as we walked into the building, tugging in attempt to make him move faster. I pointed to the line of kids leading to the big man himself in the corner of the room.

"I thought you meant we were mailing them! You're giving them to him?" He looked shocked and I rolled my eyes, joining the throng of screaming children in line.

The shuffling behind him caught the attention of the little boy in front of us, and he turned around with a frown when he saw us. "Aren't you a little old to be sitting on Santa's lap?"

Christian looked offended but I laughed and leaned down so I was eye level with the boy. "We're actually just dropping some letters off for Santa."

"Still, aren't you too old? My mommy says that after this year I'll be too old to see Santa."

I frowned at the thought of a grown woman telling a little boy that he would be too old to do something like that and shook my head. "No one is too old to see Santa. I see Santa every year because it makes me happy, and if it makes you happy too, then you should be able to see him."

He smiled at me and turned back around. I stood up and Christian squeezed me against his side, kissing my forehead with a smile. "You're pretty amazing, you know that?"

"I try my best," I whispered back, making him laugh.

When we were next in line, I placed the box on the man's lap with a smile. "Hi Santa! My name is (Y/N) and this is my boyfriend Christian. Us and a bunch of our friends all wrote our letters today!"

Santa flipped through all of the letters with wide eyes. "Wow, look at all of these letters!" He gave me a warm smile and leaned forward so he could lower his voice. "The young man in front of me told me what you said. I wish there were more people like you in the world to keep the Christmas spirit alive."

I blushed and smiled. "Everyone deserves Christmas spirit."

Santa looked to Christian and nodded towards me. "You have a good one. You make sure you treat her right."

Christian laughed and squeezed my hand. "Trust me Santa, I know how lucky I am."

"So tell me (Y/N), what might I find on your Christmas list when I open this letter?"

I smiled over at Christian before looking back to Santa. "Well we have a dog named Kobe and I think that he would really enjoy a brother or sister. The only way I'm going to get one is from you though," I said and Santa raised his eyebrows at Christian.

"Well, I think I can make that work." We said our goodbyes and I began to walk away before realizing Christian wasn't behind me. I turned to see him whispering something to Santa that made him smile, before running to catch up with me.

"What was that about?"

"I had to tell Santa what I wanted too," he said with a shrug, but I could see the mischievous sparkle to his eyes. On Christmas morning, a puppy with a red bow exactly like in my drawing was sitting under our tree and I realized it was Santa who guilted him into making my Christmas wish come true.

"So this is what you told Santa? I thought you told him what you wanted for Christmas," I said, letting the puppy lick my cheek.

Christian knelt down beside me and kissed the top of my head with a smile. "I did tell him what I wanted which was for you to be happy. How did he do?"

"Aw Christian!" He was smiling widely and I threw my arms around his neck. "Santa didn't have to do that. You always make me happy."