car trouble || o. guerra (request - @SarahFraser25)

thank you for requesting! <33
                            ————————
"I have never been so bored in my life," Will complained, dramatically throwing himself across my lap. I rolled my eyes and shoved him off with a laugh. "Seriously, entertain me."

"Okay, with what?" His answer was interrupted by Oscar sauntering in the room, the same smirk he always wore on full display. I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze and left the room without giving him a second glance.

Nezza brightened as I entered the kitchen and motioned for me to sit with her. "Hey (Y/N)! Franny and I were just talking about going out for ice cream with Jc and Chelsey. Wanna join?"

I smiled at her and nodded enthusiastically. "We should probably invite Will too. He's been complaining about being bored all day," I said and Nezza nodded in agreement.

"Oscar can come too," Franny added, smiling at my annoyed reaction. "I really don't understand why you hate him so much when he's obviously so into you."

I scoffed at the suggestion, getting up and making my way back to the living room. Will was showing Oscar something that was making him laugh and I felt myself smile at the sound. I wiped the smile away when both boys looked up at the doorway.

"We're all going out for ice cream if you guys want to join," I said, directing the invitation towards Will. He smiled and Oscar stood up, the smirk back.

"Wow, I'd love to go! Thanks for the invite!" He walked towards me, his arm raised to wrap around my shoulder but I dodged under him with an exaggerated sigh. Glancing back, it almost looked like he was disappointed.

"Hurry up," I mumbled, trying to push the thought from my mind as I met the others outside. "I can drive," I offered but Jc shook his head.

"Already covered. I can take four people and Oscar can take whoever is left," Jc said, sliding into his car followed by Franny, Nezza, Chelsey, and Will. "See you guys there!"

I watched, my mouth open as he drove away, leaving me standing beside Oscar awkwardly. He cleared his throat and unlocked the car, going over and opening my door for me.

"I could get it myself," I grumbled, trying not to get a fuzzy feeling when he smiled.

"I know you could," he replied, closing the door and climbing into the drivers side. He started the car and I braced myself as it shuddered slightly, giving him a worried look. "It just does that sometimes," he shrugged.

"That's not normal!" He laughed at my worry and I could feel the fuzzy feeling get replaced by irritation. I crossed my arms and squeezed myself against the door. I wanted to get as far away from his arrogance as possible.

The drive was going smoothly until all of a sudden it wasn't. The car made a noise that could only be described as a scream before completely stopping. I looked over at him with my eyebrow raised. "Does it just do this sometimes too?"

His usual calm personality was falling away and he turned the car off, getting out and lifting the hood. Smoke billowed out and he coughed, trying to wave it away. "This isn't good."

"Oh, really?" I pulled my phone out and dialed Franny's number but the signal wasn't strong enough to even attempt the call. "Great, no signal. Now what are we going to do?"

"Walk I guess?" He shut the hood and pointed in a vague direction down the road. "I think there's a gas station that way somewhere."

"Absolutely not. It's getting dark and there is no way I'm dying today," I replied, crossing my arms and keeping my seatbelt hooked.