sprinkles mean sorry || jc caylen

The only thing that made me get out of bed in the mornings was coffee. It was the sole purpose of waking up and, although it sounds silly, it only satisfied me if I could drink it from my favorite Winnie the Pooh mug, so when I walked into the kitchen to see the sink overflowing with dishes, my mug on top, I sort of lost my mind.

"Kian! Jc!" I was screeching at the top of my lungs, probably loud enough to wake the whole apartment complex but I was too fed up to care. I was so grateful to my best friend Kian for letting me stay with him and his friend in their apartment. I had visions of the three of us becoming best friends and going on crazy adventures. However, half of the time I was yelling at them to clean up after themselves, and the other half I was locking myself in my room so I wouldn't have to deal with their annoying selves.

Jc was the first to arrive in the kitchen and I crossed my arms, glaring at him until he was awake enough to realize my anger. "Somebody better have broken in or committed a murder. Those are the only two things that could warrant such a rude awakening," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes and leaning against the wall.

I wrinkled my nose at his lack of pants or a shirt. "Would it have killed you to put some clothes on?" He chose to ignore the comment, yawning instead.

"Why are you screaming so early in the morning, (Y/N)," Kian whined as he trudged to the table and sunk into one of the chairs.

"Maybe instead of going out and partying last night, one of you could've done the dishes," I said, uncrossing my arms and pointing an accusatory finger to the sink. "Do I have to make a chore chart or something?" Both boys rolled their eyes and Jc gave an irritated sigh.

"You are seriously yelling at us at 8:00 in the morning because there are dishes in the sink?"

When he said it out loud it did sound a bit ridiculous but I stood my ground and picked up my mug. "Who used this?" Jc rolled his eyes again and that was enough of an agreement for me. "What makes you think you can just use other people's stuff without asking?"

"Good Lord, it's a mug! It's not like I used your toothbrush or something," he grumbled, turning to go back the hallway.

"It's still rude! You can't just use someone's stuff without their permission," I huffed and he turned back to face me.

"Isn't that what you do every day here?" My breath caught in my throat and Kian stood, shaking his head at Jc to stop talking, but he kept going. "Which bills do you pay? Because I'm pretty sure Kian just let you stay here for free, so I don't feel sorry for you that you have to do some dishes once in a while."

I was left speechless as he stormed away, slamming the door behind him. Kian turned to see my reaction and slowly walked over, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Don't listen to him. He had nothing to say so he said something he knew would shut you up."

"Yeah, whatever. That's pretty low of someone to do," I mumbled, going into my own room and closing the door behind me. I didn't want Kian to know how much Jc's words bothered me, so as soon as the door shut, I let myself pout.

He was right, I didn't pay rent or water or electricity. I filmed for them and would occasionally help Andy edit their videos, which we agreed would be a fair exchange for living there. Jc agreed that it was fair, but it was obviously clear that he only agreed to make Kian happy.

I could hear the boys talking in the living room but I didn't have the energy to fully eavesdrop, curling up underneath my blankets instead and deciding to go back to bed; it was still early and I had nothing better to do.

I had no sooner fallen asleep when I was woken up by the smell of coffee and the sound of feet on my floor. I rolled over and rubbed my eyes, glaring when I saw Jc, fully clothed now, my Winnie the Pooh mug in one hand and a donut in the other.

"I have some coffee and an 'I'm sorry' donut for you," he said, stretching his hands out to me.

I sat up and pulled my knees up to my chest. "What's the difference between that and a regular donut?"

"Nothing really. But I think the ones with sprinkles mean more so it is easy to forgive a person when you are given one," he said, carefully watching my face.

He gave me a goofy smile when we made eye contact and I couldn't help but laugh. I took the donut from him and picked one of the sprinkles off, popping it in my mouth. "I'm sorry that I yelled at you earlier over something stupid. And I promise that I'll start paying to live here, just give me an estimate."

"I hear an apology but I'm not seeing the donut to match," he joked and I rolled my eyes, tearing mine in half and handing it to him. He took it happily and smiled. "I'm sorry about what I said. That was pretty low of me because you don't have to pay anything. You clean the apartment and help us out with YouTube stuff all the time. You already pay by giving us your time." I tried to protest but he shook his head. "Seriously. I'm sorry I even put that thought in your head. Kian and I should help more with chores and stuff."

"I can make that chore chart if you're interested," I said, laughing along with Jc. There was a beat of silence before I spoke up again. "Are we friends?"

"Obviously," he answered with a smile. He shoved my shoulder so I would move over and I opened my mouth to yell about crumbs in my bed, but I decided that it would be better to enjoy the heartfelt moment and vacuum up later.

(a/n) - I'm back and feeling so excited about all of the ideas I have planned for this book! I hope you guys will be as excited as I am!