white claw Christmas|| c. seavey

"Daddy, we're ready to go see the Christmas lights!" Ella bounded up to Christian who scooped her up and began kissing all over her face, her childish giggles filling the room.

"Dinner was over suspiciously early," he said, raising an eyebrow in my direction. "When I left to change, your plates were both pretty full."

I tried to look innocent but a guilty smirk crept onto my face. "We may have cheated just a little bit." Christian used the hand that wasn't holding Ella to swat at me, which made her laugh. "Hey, we had to save room for Christmas cookies later!"

Ella nodded vigorously and he rolled his eyes, setting her back down on the floor. He looked between the both of us with a disappointed face. "Why do my girls always gang up on me like this?" I gave her a high five which made a smile break across his face. "Go grab all of your stuff so we can get you bundled up Ella. It's pretty cold out there."

Once she was gone, Christian pulled me by the waist to kiss my temple and gave me a pointed look. "You too. And don't underestimate it this time because last time you almost died on the walk back."

"So dramatic," I teased, pulling away when Ella came back in. "I think we better do a beanie instead of earmuffs for some extra warmth, don't you think?"

She frowned and shook her head. "But the earmuffs look so cute with my coat!" Christian and I burst out laughing that she was worrying about what matched rather than what would be warm.

"You are your mother's daughter," he joked and it was my turn to swat at him. "Mommy's right though, we need to keep you extra warm, okay?" She reluctantly nodded and let Christian pull a beanie onto her head.

While he got her ready, I grabbed our coats and scarves and laid them by the door. I filled up a thermos of hot chocolate to take with us and had just finished that when Ella came trotting in looking like she was stuffed with pillows.

"Christian, what did you do to her?" He gave me an amused smile and began listing all of the things he had dressed her in. "We don't live in the Arctic! We'll only be out for an hour, maybe an hour and a half."

"And it's cold! The wind hurts (Y/N)!" He gestured to where I had put our stuff and shook his head. "That's not enough."

"Well it's enough for me," I said, pulling on the coat and scarf and lifting Ella into my arms. "You're in charge of the thermos, sound good?" She nodded and happily took a sip as we waited for Christian to finish bundling up.

Once we were outside for a little I had to admit it was pretty cold. My hands were freezing off my body but I didn't want to tell Christian and get the 'I told you so' speech. When we finally reached the end of the streets where the lights were, I was happy to put Ella down so I could shove my hands in my pockets.

"Cold?" The smirk on his face made me roll my eyes but I shook my head, trying not to shiver. "I brought your gloves, just in case you change your mind."

Christian was always so thoughtful and it made me smile that he would think to do that for me. "Well, aren't you just the best," I commented, pinching his cheek and making him jump back at the cold.

The light show was amazing and Ella was so amazed at how they made the lights dance to the music. Christian was sitting on the ground with her in his lap and they were both pointing the coolest parts out to each other. I was surprised her attention span was this long for something as simple as dancing lights.

Once it was over, Christian offered to carry her home so I could keep my hands in my pockets. I gave him a grateful smile and nodded. "Are you sure you don't want the gloves?"

"I'll take them if it makes you happy."

He produced them from his pocket with a flourish and a smile. "I could think of nothing that would make me happier." I laughed at his dorkiness and pulled them on, sighing at the immediate warmth.

As soon as we got home he took Ella up to get a bath and warm up a little while I got the icing and sprinkles out in the kitchen. We always decorated sugar cookies together on Christmas Eve to put out for Santa and it was something she loved.

When she was done with her bath she sped right downstairs, her hair still dripping and Christian chasing after her with a towel. I took it from him and let her start decorating, since she was in such a rush, while I dried it enough so the floor wouldn't be soaked.

"So, what shapes is Santa getting this year?" Christian rolled his sleeves up and reached for a candy cane shape off the pan, but Ella shook her head and pointed to the Christmas tree.

"I think we should do a tree and a snowflake and a present!" Christian put them all in front of her and we let her do whatever she wanted to them, watching her with amusement.

When she decided they were done, we put them onto a plate and I reached for a glass to get milk but Christian but a hand on my arm to stop me. "What?"

"I read an article this morning that Santa doesn't really want milk this year. He's staying away from dairy," he explained. Ella gave me a confused frown and looked back at Christian.

"Then what does he want?"

Christian opened the fridge and pointed to the White Claws on the top shelf. I burst out laughing and shook my head at him. "Santa wants White Claws with his Christmas cookies?"

"Hey, I didn't write the article. I can't control what the big man wants, I just deliver as best I can," he said with a wink. "And, what do you know, Santa's favorite flavor is the same as mine!"