just an egg (part 2) || o. guerra (request - imreallyhaNNah)

"Thanks for doing the video with us," Jc said, giving Oscar a hug. Everyone was being more careful around him now, and although he probably hated being tip-toed around, I could tell that he felt a little more comfortable. "You really didn't have to come though, don't be afraid to tell us no."

Oscar smiled and nodded as Kian came over and thanked him as well. Brian wandered over to me looking a little worried and I raised an eyebrow at him. "Do you think Oscar is mad at me and is just saying that he isn't? I don't want him to be mad at me," he whispered, not taking his eyes off of Oscar.

I patted him on the shoulder with a smile and shook my head. "Of course not! Believe me, you would know if he was mad. You didn't do anything wrong, you were just trying to have some fun and he wasn't in a good mood before that happened. I promise he doesn't hate you."

As if on cue, he came over and pulled Brian into a bear hug, apologizing again for having a bit of a meltdown. "I'm just in a funk I guess," he said, looking embarrassed.

Brian was quick to assure him that it was okay. "It happens to the best of us, even cool guys with no emotion like you." His joke made Oscar smile and he grabbed my hand to leave. "Let me know when you get home?"

"Absolutely. Good night everyone!" I waved over my shoulder as we left and stopped Oscar before he got in the driver's side of the car. "I can drive"

He shook his head and reached for the handle again, ignoring what I had said. I tried to move his hand away, but he gave me a look and I knew enough to let him do whatever he wanted. "I'm not a kicked puppy," he said under his breath and I just nodded in agreement, staying silent the whole way home.

As soon as we made it inside, he made a beeline for the couch and I shook my head at him. "That isn't part of the plan," I said and he stopped to give me a confused look.

"Plan? What plan?"

"I came up with a whole plan in the car of how to make you feel better. Or at least less icky," I said, curious to see his reaction. I was pleased to see the  corners of his lips pull up into the tiniest hint of a smile. "So you aren't allowed to lay on the couch yet."

"Then what can I do?"

I grabbed his hand and led him into the bathroom, sitting him on the edge of the tub as he watched my every move. I ran water over my wrist until it was a comfortable temperature and went to the closet to get the bubbles I use when I want to relax. When I turned back around he was giving me a confused look. "What's that face for?"

"Why would a bath make me feel any better? They're kinda gross if you think about it."

I looked offended as I poured some of the bubbles in and mixed them around. "This is a bath for relaxing, not a bath for washing. Those are two completely different things," I explained and he looked amused. I waited until the bathtub was full enough and told him to enjoy before walking to the door.

"You aren't going to join me?" He was wiggling his eyebrows at me and I rolled my eyes. I was glad to see his flirty personality was still intact even when he wasn't feeling like himself.

"Absolutely not, but I will lay out some cozy PJ's for you," I replied. I could hear him complaining about not being a child but when he came back out to the living room looking relaxed in the sweats I had picked out for him, I knew that he loved getting so much attention from me. "Wasn't that nice?"

"It actually was. I see why you do it so much," he said, sitting down beside me and pulling a blanket off the back of the couch, wrapping it around his shoulders like a cape. "What's the next part of the plan?"

"Are you hungry?" He shook his head but I knew he was whether he wanted to admit it or not. "Shut up and let me make you something. You barely ate anything at Jc's."

"If I want something later I'll just make it, not a big deal," he said, trying to cuddle into me but I stood up and put one hand on my hip.

"Again, not part of the plan. If you could have anything right now, what would it be?"

"Everything doesn't always have to go according to plan," he tried to argue but he seemed to realize that I wasn't about to let the subject go and gave me an exasperated sigh. "Pancakes, I guess."

I was pleased with his answer and headed to the kitchen. He followed and leaned against the counter, watching me cook with a relaxed smile on his face. When he had finished eating, he joined me on the couch. "What movie do you want to watch?"

"Doesn't matter," he said, which was always his automatic response. I looked at him expectantly and he again realized I wasn't going to let him just not answer me.

When he had finally picked a movie, I patted my lap so he would lay down and began to push my hands through the soft curls he had let grow out. He buried his head deeper into lap and curled up into a tight ball under his blanket. Within minutes he was peacefully asleep and I paused the movie, enjoying the quiet room being filled with his soft snores.

Eventually I gently shook him and told him that we had to go to bed. He gave me a sleepy smile and sat up enough to wrap his arms around my neck. I hugged him back and I felt him lightly kiss my neck. "Thanks for being amazing," he said, and I laughed.

"Flattery will get you nowhere," I teased but I smiled and gave him a kiss. "You're pretty amazing too."