secret santa || c. collins

"What do you want for Christmas (Y/N)?" Franny's question was casual but everyone's head turned towards us, earning a confused look from me. "We all want to get you something really great, a really nice Christmas/good-bye present."

I frowned at the last part and she leaned over to give me a hug. "This job is going to be really great, I know it is, but I really don't want to leave you guys," I said, and Brian hugged my other side.

"Don't worry, we'll come visit you all the time," he said and I nodded although it didn't really make me feel any better. I wanted them to be as close as they were now.

I could see a lightbulb go off above Nezza's head as she stood up and snatched Jc's beanie from his head, his hands flying up to cover his hat hair. "Let's do a Secret Santa!

We all agreed it was a great idea and I wrote my name on the piece of paper I had been given, standing up to take it over to Nezza. Franny was frantic to stop me and offered to take it which made me frown, confused.

"Why can't I take it myself?"

"Um, because," she said as she handed it to Nezza, whispering something to her.

"What are you planning?" I asked as she sat back down, a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. She shrugged and I watched Crawford drop his name in, looking over at me with a smile.

I felt the usual butterflies erupt in my stomach at even the smallest bit of attention from him. I crossed my fingers behind my back in hopes that I would get his name even though I had no clue what I would get. Out of the whole group of guys I felt the closest to him and I knew his goodbye would eventually be the hardest.

When everyone's name was in, Nezza took the beanie around to everyone, skipping over Crawford and I and letting everyone else pick. We looked at each other in confusion and she tossed a paper in, holding it out to me with a smile.

"Must've forgotten to put this one in," she said and I rolled my eyes when I saw whose name I got. She did the same thing to Crawford and he shook his head at the scheme that Nezza and Franny obviously had planned.

"You are evil," I whispered to Franny and she laughed. "Did everyone get someone who is not themselves?" Everyone nodded in agreement, and Kian suggested a price limit of twenty dollars which we all thought was a good amount.

Over the next week I struggled to find what I wanted to get Crawford. I wanted it to be really special and mean a lot, but what could that be for twenty dollars? Every time I tried to ask one of the guys what to get him, he would show up and I wouldn't be able to.

Then one day I saw the absolute perfect present. I pulled Christian aside when Crawford was preoccupied and asked him what he thought. His smile gave me all the confidence I needed to press the order button.

Later that day Crawford and I were sitting in the living room and he was casually trying to get me to tell him what I got."How's your secret Santa gift going?"

"Just ordered it and I think it may be the best Christmas present of all time," I said, blushing at his wide smile.

"Oh yeah? Well, I got mine yesterday and I think it's pretty good too." He winked and I dropped my gaze, the blush deepening. "I guess we'll just have to see next week."

I waited in anticipation for the next week, excited to give Crawford his present. I could barely concentrate on anyone else opening their gifts as I played with the ribbon on the box of Crawford's.

"Alright, Crawford is next. I wonder who got his name?" Franny's tone was playful as she elbowed me and everyone laughed as I handed him the box. He feigned a look of shock and shook it lightly.

"I hope it's a puppy!" I smiled and watched him rip open the paper, his jaw dropping when he saw the box. "Oh my gosh, no way! (Y/N), this is so cool!" He held the box of touch bracelets up for everyone to see.

"We each get one and then whenever we miss each other we can touch it," I explained. He opened the box right away and insisted that we set them up which no one complained about. They all watched with smiles as we put them on. "Do you like them?"

He could only nod, still stunned as he pulled me into a hug. "This was more than twenty dollars," he teased and I shrugged, feeling proud of myself. "Thank you, this seriously means a lot to me."

"(Y/N)'s turn. I wonder who got her?" Crawford rolled his eyes and handed me a small box, making Franny gasp dramatically. "Woah, what are the odds!"

I carefully undid the ribbon, my heartbeat picking up at what was inside. A small necklace with a lock charm was carefully laid inside and a small key on a keychain was beside it. "I thought I could keep the keychain," he whispered, suddenly bashful and a chorus of aww's rang through the room. "There are flowers in the kitchen for you too."

I launched at him, squeezing him tightly around the neck and I heard shuffling feet of the other's leave the room as he hugged me back. "This was more than twenty dollars," I said and he laughed.

I pulled away from him to look back down at the necklace. He took it out and motioned for me to turn around so he could put it around my neck. "It looks perfect," he said when I had turned back. "Do you like it?"

"I think it's the best present I have ever gotten," I replied and he pumped his fist in victory. "I'm going to miss you a lot." I could hear the tremble in my voice and Crawford smiled, grabbing my hands.

"You won't have time to miss me because you're going to be feeling this all the time." He tapped his bracelet and mine vibrated, making me laugh. "I'll come see you all the time, I promise. I don't think I could go too long without seeing you."

I pulled him in for another hug, taking a deep breath and deciding if I really wanted to say what I was about to say. "I love you," I finally whispered and he squeezed me tighter.

"Believe me, I love you so much more (Y/N)."