nice to meet you || h. webb

"Are you sure the sign is big enough?" I had been joking as I was barely able to hold it up as it is but Kian frowned and tilted his head while looking at it.

"Now that you mention it," he said and I tried, and failed, to hit him with one side while he cackled and jumped out of the way.

"Okay children, his plane will be coming in next," Bobby laughed and I placed the sign on the ground to pull my hair out of the ponytail it was currently in and hoped it was falling nicely around my shoulders. Bobby raised his eyebrows but I ignored him and picked the sign back up.

My heart fluttered when I saw the familiar brown-headed Brits turn the corner and Kian screamed, running and leaping and causing Harrison to drop all of his luggage and catch him, laughing. His eyes scanned the rest of the group and fell on me, giving me a soft smile.

Kian was literally hanging off of him as he and Anderson walked over, and he squinted down at the poster board I was still struggling to hold up. "'Welcome back from prison'? Really guys?"

"All Kian's idea," I said, pointing fingers quickly and Harrison took the sign from my hands so he could pull me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed tightly.

This was the first time meeting Harrison and Anderson in real life. I had just become close with everyone and Harrison hadn't been back to America since I had joined the group. We had only been talking over texts and FaceTimes and having him here was amazing.

I gave Anderson a hug next and he beamed at me. "Wow, you are so much prettier in person," he said and I felt a blush bloom across my cheeks. "Isn't she Harry?"

Harrison nodded and tore his eyes away from us to say hello to Bobby and Jc. Anderson gave me a wink before joining them and I watched him go, confused. What did that wink mean?

I didn't have much time to think because we were all helping with luggage and loading up Bobby's Jeep and Kian's car to go home. Harrison and Anderson got into Kian's car and I opted for the Jeep. I preferred Bobby's driving so I climbed into the back, buckling up.

I glanced at my phone and saw a Snapchat notification from Harrison, smiling when I opened it to see a selfie of him and Anderson with the caption 'so excited to finally be here with you! x.' I smiled and took a screenshot, sending a reply and glancing up to see Bobby and Jc staring at me.

"Hello?" They were both smirking at me and I crossed my arms like a child. "What is so amusing to you?"

"Your crush on Harrison," Jc teased, reaching back and poking my ribs. I squealed and pushed him away.

"I do not have a crush on Harrison! Stop poking me!" The car was now moving but I took my seatbelt off to get away from Jc.

"Seatbelt!" Bobby was glaring at me from the rearview mirror and I opened my mouth to protest. "Jc, turn around and don't poke her. We can tease her about her crush later," he said and I clicked the seatbelt back into place with an exasperated sigh.

The guys were going to be staying on an air mattress in Kian's room so they didn't see the need in unpacking. They put their suitcases in the room when we arrived and the group all gathered in the living room, joined by Corey and Franny.

Harrison and Anderson picked dinner, saying they just wanted something greasy and American so Kian Postmated In-N-Out and we caught up while we waited.

Everyone was tired, especially the guys from their flight so we just sat and talked. I let my thoughts wander as everyone else talked and I focused on Harrison. In person, there were a lot of things I noticed that FaceTime just didn't do justice.

Like how shiny his hair was and how much I wanted to run my hands through it. How his eyes looked brighter when he was laughing and how his leg was constantly bouncing when he talked. He glanced over at me and gave me a wide smile. I smiled back, realizing I had been staring and blushed at being caught.

One by one, people started to go to bed and eventually it was just me, Harrison and Anderson left. "So, bed or movie?" Anderson was glancing between me and Harrison and Harrison just gave him a tight-lipped smile which he seemed to understand. "Actually, I'm pretty tired. Night guys!"

He walked back to Kian's room and I began to get nervous. I was alone with Harrison and even though we had had five hour conversations over FaceTime and basically knew everything about each other, I still felt awkward.

"So, a movie? Unless you're tired?" Harrison was smiling sweetly and I felt myself smiling too, the nerves melting away. He was the same guy I had been talking to for a year, just in real life. I nodded and stood to get the remote.

"What do you want? Netflix? Hulu?" He was just watching me, smiling and shrugged. I sat down on the opposite end of the couch from him while I flipped through the movies on Netflix.

"Why are you so far away?" I saw him pat his lap from the corner of my eye and the breath caught in my throat. There was no way but when I glanced over he was looking expectantly at me and I felt the nerves bubble up again.

"Um," was the only thing I managed to get out as I walked over, slowly sitting across his lap and earning a raised eyebrow from him. I matched his confused expression and the blush was burning my cheeks.

"I meant beside me love," he whispered with a smile and I was beating myself up mentally. He had patted the cushion beside him and not his lap. I was mumbling an apology and standing up but he grabbed my hips and pulled me back down, smirking. "But I'm glad you did this instead."

I was still blushing but his smile was contagious and I allowed myself to get comfortable, his arms wrapping around my waist. I relaxed against his chest, choosing a movie and it wasn't long before we both had fallen asleep.

I woke up at a blanket being put over the both of us and saw it was Anderson and Franny, smiling and snapping pictures. "Don't let us disturb you snuggle bugs," she whispered and I just smiled, too tired to be embarrassed. Besides, this was pretty comfortable and I wanted to stay as long as possible.