she doesn't deserve you || jc caylen

Everyone else had gone to a party, but I opted to stay home and curl up in bed. I didn't really enjoy parties, and I knew that if I went, I would just end up babysitting an extremely drunk group of boys. I had just plugged my phone in and was about to go to sleep when I heard the front door bang open and feet pounding on the stairs. A door slammed and I could hear sobbing coming from the room beside me.

I crawled out of bed and cautiously opened my door. All of the lights were off, so I grabbed my phone to use as a flashlight and typed in the key code to Jc's door. It clicked open and the crying suddenly stopped.

"Hello?" Jc sniffed and whispered in a shaky voice.

"It's just me," I whispered back, quietly closing the door behind me. "Are you okay?"

Jc flicked on the lamp beside his bed and nodded, quickly wiping his eyes. He had obviously been crying for awhile because his eyes were bloodshot and puffy, but he tried to act okay. "Sorry if I woke you up, I forgot you stayed home."

I shook my head and gently sat on the edge of his bed. I didn't want to pry answers out of him, but I knew he wouldn't talk to me otherwise. "I know you're not okay, and I'm not going to leave until you tell me," I stated.

He glanced over at me and immediately broke down. I pulled him into my chest and wrapped his comforter around his shaking body. I hated to see him cry. I had always had a tiny crush on him and felt very protective of him, so I wanted to know exactly what was making him so upset.

He really wasn't one to break down like this. He was usually too proud to let anyone see him cry, so the fact that he was letting me hold him like this was scaring me a little.

Finally, his sobs quieted and he took a deep breath. "I saw Olivia kissing some other guy. She told me she was going to find one of her friends and she didn't come back for a long time. I went to find her and saw her making out with him. And she didn't even look sorry," he said, sniffling into me.

I rubbed his back and rocked slightly, hating his girlfriend. I hadn't really liked her from Day 1, from her fake blond hair to her snarky attitude. But, she seemed to make Jc happy so I hadn't said anything. Now, I really wish I would've.

"She doesn't deserve you at all," I whispered into his hair. "You're a smart, funny, kind, caring, loving guy that any girl would be lucky to have forever. She just doesn't see that," I said, a tear falling down my cheek.

Jc pulled away from me and looked into my eyes. "Do you feel that way about me?" I tried to break away from his hopeful gaze, but he placed a finger under my chin and pushed my face towards his. I hesitantly nodded, a blush creeping across my face.

Without any time to react, Jc pulled me into a long kiss. "I've wanted you to say that for a long, long time," he sighed. "I wanted to be with you, but didn't think you felt the same way about me, and I didn't want to ruin our friendship. Every time I was with Olivia, I would think about how I would much rather be spending time with you, and I think that made her jealous."

I gave Jc a small smile and glanced over to the side table, where I had put my phone. Kian's face filled the screen and I quickly answered his call.

"(Y/N), have you talked to Jc? Olivia cheated on him and he ran out of the party, we can't find him anywhere. He didn't take the car and-"

"It's okay, he's right here," I said. Kian sighed in relief and relayed the message to everyone else around him. I ended the call to Kian and started to get off of Jc's bed, but he pulled me back down and into his chest. I smiled and relaxed as Jc wrapped an arm around my waist.

"So, you got over Olivia pretty quick," I said, smirking. He laughed and squeezed me tighter.

"Well, it helps that I don't think I ever really loved her in the first place. It's just kinda hard when you see someone cheating on you that you thought cared about you," he said. I nodded into him and grabbed his hand, squeezing it. He smiled, and I fell alsleep with him.

The next day, my notifications were blowing up and I had no idea why. A picture of the two of us cuddling was on Franny's Instagram with the caption 'shoutout to my girl (Y/N) for loving my bff jc and letting him know how much he is loved by all of us'

—————

A/N- I think we have all realized that I'm not good at making people fall in love or express their love in my stories? I'll work on it lol. Anyway, I thought this idea was kinda cute and I also made up a fake girlfriend for Jc so sorry if your name is Olivia and you have blond hair!