new year || a. webb

"Are you sure this dress isn't too short?" I was tugging on the fabric of the dress in an attempt to make it look a little longer. I wasn't used to wearing anything that wasn't jeans or leggings.

"No it looks so good on you. Better than it does on me," Franny said with a wink.

I nodded for her to ring the door bell, looking around at the front of Harrison's house. Him and Anderson had just moved to LA and they were having a house-warming/New Year's Eve party.

The door opened and Anderson smiled, motioning for us to come in. I blushed and tugged my dress down more as he gave Franny a hug.

"I'm so excited you live so close now Ando!" He smiled as he let go, then shifted his gaze toward me.

He looked from my shoes to my face before giving me a hug.

"H-hey (Y/N)! You, um, look really, um, wow," he said as a blush spread across his cheeks. My whole face caught on fire and I smiled, looking down at my feet.

"You look pretty wow too," I said. He gave an awkward laugh and gave me a hug. He opened his mouth to say something but his name was called from some other part of the house.

"Catch up later?" I nodded in response to him and watched him walk away. Franny looked at the growing space between us and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Well that was the cutest, most awkward thing I've ever seen," she said, grabbing my hand and tugging me over to the couch where Kian was sitting. "Did you see that?"

"See what?" Kian was holding a plastic cup that no doubt contained some form of alcohol.

"The darling little scene that just went down over there," Franny said. When he shook his head she smiled at me and patted my knee. "I think (Y/N) here has a little crush on Anderson."

"Do not!" My outburst earned some looks from the people around us and I ducked my head in embarrassment. Kian was grinning from ear to ear and in that moment I think I hated Franny, just a little bit.

"That's adorable," Kian said, looking past me.

"What's adorable?" I felt someone rest their hands on my shoulders and looked up to see Harrison. I grinned and stood up to hug him.

"(Y/N) is adorable," Franny said. Harrison pulled away and sat down beside me.

"Of course she is. Why else would Ando be crushing so hard?" My stomach dropped and I could feel my cheeks blush.

"Woah Harry, are you serious?" Franny's eyes were bugging out of her head and Harrison laughed at the looks he was getting from all three of us.

"Yeah, I mean isn't it obvious? He kept talking about how he was so excited to move here so he could spend more time with you," he said. I swallowed and felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest.

I avoided Anderson the reat of the night. I mean, could you really blame me? I was so nervous around him and after what Harrison told me I was going to ignore him for the rest of my life.

It was almost midnight but I couldn't stay inside the house anymore. I was walking towards the front door when Franny stopped me.

"Hey, where are you going? There's only five minutes until midnight," she said.

"Yeah but I just need some air," I said. She nodded and I continued out the door. I froze when I saw Anderson standing on the porch, leaning against the railing.

I took a deep breath and stood beside him. He jumped a little when I cleared my throat and I giggled.

"Why are you out here?" He sighed and took a swig of whatever was in his plastic cup, again probably alcohol although he needed to get used to the fact that in America he couldn't legally drink yet.

"Too many people. I felt like I couldn't breathe," he said. I nodded and tugged at my dress again. "Why are you doing that?"

"It feels short. Too short," I said, blushing for what felt like the millionth time that night.

"Nah, it looks great," he said, a blush settling on his cheeks as well. I smiled in thanks and shivered as the cold air whipped through my dress.

Anderson took off his suit jacket and hung it over my shoulders without even thinking about it. I tried to take it off but he shook his head at me.

"Just leave it. I'm not that cold anyway," he said. I could hear the people inside starting to count down to midnight and I looked over at Anderson.

I thought about what Harrison said, about how Anderson wanted to spend time with me. That he liked me. There was now ten seconds until midnight and it was now or never.

"Hey," I said, gently tapping his shoulder so he would look over at me. I leaned in, pressing my lips to his. He didn't move for a minute, probably shocked, but then he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me back.

We pulled away and he was grinning from ear to ear at me. I couldn't help but laugh at how happy he looked.

"Happy New Year Ando," I said, giggling.

"Happy New Year (Y/N)," he replied, pulling me in for a hug.
————————————————————————(A/N)- and happy new year to all of you!! thank you for making this year amazing and reading all of my dumb little stories. i cannot believe i started writing this book at the beginning of the year! i didn't think anyone would ever read it so thank you all for bringing a smile to my face every day. here's to an amazing 2019! 🥂🥳