corey m.d. || c. la barrie

"Are you gonna wake up anytime soon?" Corey flopped on the bed beside me and laid his head on the pillow. I cracked one eye open and frowned at the bright sunlight streaming through the curtains.

"What time is it?" I whispered and shut my eyes again, preparing for the headache I knew was coming.

"11:00. I wanted to let you sleep in since you tossed and turned all night but I wanted to make sure you were okay," he said, pushing hair behind my ear.

I gave him a tiny smile and nodded with my eyes still closed. "I'm just tired," I said, hoping he would take my answer as good enough and leave so I could sleep more.

"Okay, well I guess I'll let you wake up. Remember we have videos to film today."

I waited until he had left the room and groaned, forgetting all about the videos I had promised to film for Corey, Kian, and Jc. I let myself lay and wallow in self-pity for a few more seconds before I got up to shower.

I stood up and quickly grabbed for the dresser as I felt my head spin. At that moment Corey came back in.

"Are you hungry? I can make you some lunch if y- Hey are you okay?" Corey walked over and placed his hand on my back.

"Yeah, I just have a small headache, nothing to worry about. I'm just gonna take a quick shower," I lied.

"Okay," he said, looking like he didn't believe me at all. "Well are you hungry?" I shook my head and he frowned.

I gave him a big smile as he walked out the door. I waited until I heard the click before I gently tried to walk to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, afraid that I would get dizzy again and slip. When I was done I tried to pull myself together as best I could and prepared myself for the long day ahead of me.

"There she is! Are you ready to film?" Jc gave me a big smiled and I nodded at him.

"But not before lunch," Corey said, turning into a dad all of a sudden. He put a sandwich in front of me, and I felt my stomach churn. Corey saw this and frowned. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I said, trying to seem okay. "I'm just not really hungry. Maybe after we film," I suggested. I could see Corey's doubt but he agreed, putting my sandwich in the fridge.

I started to walk towards the camera equipment sitting in the living room when the room started to spin again.

Before I knew it, Kian was holding my head and I was laying on the ground. I watched Corey run over and he knelt down at my side. My head was cloudy but I could make out their conversation.

"Holy crap, did she hit her head? Did she trip? What happened?" Corey's voice was shaking as he rubbed his thumb over my hand.

"No, I think I caught her before her head touched the ground. And I don't think she tripped," Kian said, looking down at me. "I think she's coming to."

I cleared my throat and started to sit up with help from Kian. Corey grabbed my face and started to move my head around, checking for bumps or blood or something.

I pushed his hands away as I felt a wave of nausea hit. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom, falling on my knees and emptying my stomach.

Corey was quickly behind me, rubbing my back and holding my hair. When I was finished, he gently pulled me back into his chest.

"Hey, why didn't you tell me you didn't feel well?" Corey rubbed my temple and I leaned into him.

"I promised you guys I would film for you," I said, sounding defeated.

"Oh babe, we understand. We'll just get Franny to do it. Let's get you back to bed."

Corey lifted me up in his arms and carried me back to bed. "Tell me if you need anything, okay?"

I nodded and smiled. Corey planted a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you (Y/N)."

                                ———————
A/N- I'M SO SORRY!!! I've been feeling so uninspired lately but now it is summer and I'll have more time to write! Also, thank you so much for 1K reads! That's incredible!! I love you all! I hope you enjoyed this one!