basketball || w. hadaddin (request - @JadeeGreen)

thanks for requesting! <33
—————————————
I felt Will kiss my forehead, waking me up from the nap that I hadn't even intended to take this afternoon. He was dressed in workout clothes with a basketball tucked under his arm. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up. I didn't want to just leave without saying goodbye."

"Where are you going?" My speech was still slurred from being asleep and he smiled.

"Just going to play basketball with the guys. I won't be gone that long." I reached out to grab his hand and tugged him closer to me. "Seriously, it'll be an hour, max."

I shook my head and finally pulled myself into a sitting position. "You said next time you played I could come too and you would teach me."

He raised his eyebrows at me, excitement spreading across his face. "You were serious about wanting to come?" I nodded, yawning and shaking my head to clear my sleepy thoughts. "How about next time? You still seem tired."

I stretched and yawned again. "Nope, all good. I just need to change and then I'll be all ready to go."

When we walked out to meet the other boys, they seemed surprised to see me. "What, I can't come play with you guys?"

"I didn't know you liked basketball," Oscar said, snatching the ball from me and smirking when I failed miserably at trying to take it back.

"Well I don't," I said, making the boys laugh. "I mean I might! I've just never played before and Will has been promising to teach me to play since we met." I gave him a pointed look and he raised his hands in defense.

"And now we are going to teach you. And it will be a blast," he said, motioning for everyone to go out the door.

Once we had arrived at the court, Will began boring me with all of the details of professional basketball and how everything was scored. Halfway through, Crawford leaned on his shoulder and pointed to me. "I think you lost her awhile ago."

"I thought you wanted to learn! Were you paying attention to any of that? " Will gave me an exasperated look and I just shrugged.

"I said I wanted to play, not learn the history and professional rules. Can't I just shoot the ball for fun?"

Will shook his head at me. "How are you going to shoot if you don't know how?"

"Oh, it can't be that hard." Oscar tossed me the ball and I took what I thought to be a pretty good aim, but the ball bounced off the rim and went rolling away.

Jc chased it down for me while I gave Will an embarrassed smile. "See, this is why we need to teach you what you're doing or no one will want to be on a team with you."

I tried to look offended but I knew he was right. I tried to pay as much attention to him as possible, but I was still not able to make a basket no matter how much time Will spent adjusting my arm. "I am just not meant to do this," I mumbled as I attempted another shot, this one striking the backboard and almost hitting Oscar in the back of the head.

"Don't worry, I have an idea," Will said, catching the ball when Oscar threw it and placing it in my hands. He lifted me up so I was sitting on one of his shoulders and I was just tall enough now to tip it into the net.

The boys all cheered and I smiled at the praise. "But we can't do that the whole time."

"Of course we can," Will replied. "Okay, so how about me, (Y/N), Crawford, and Brian on a team and Jc, Oscar, Dylan, and Christian on a team?"

Will gave me firm orders to just stand at the basket and I did as I was told, watching the ball get passed between all of them before it finally landed in Dylan's hands and he shot it into the hoop.

I was growing bored of just standing and waiting around for whatever Will had planned so I had eventually stopped paying attention. I was surprised when I head Will yell my name and saw him coming straight toward me, dropping the ball in my hands and lifting me up.

Him, Crawford, and Brian all cheered for me while the other team pretended to be upset. "I feel like this whole situation isn't too fair for us," Christian said.

"Well if you want to pick Dyl up and put him on your shoulders, you can go right ahead," Will replied, making everyone laugh.

We played like this for an hour, me just standing and waiting for Will to come to me and help me up to the basket to score a point for our team. We ended up winning by a lot, but we tried to argue that the other team was just really bad rather than the fact that we cheated the whole time.

When we got home Will couldn't stop smiling at me and I finally raised my eyebrows in expectance at him. "Why do you keep looking at me like that?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know, all smiley," I replied, poking his cheek. His smile widened, if that was even possible. "What?"

He shrugged and pulled me into his lap on the couch. "Today was so fun. Doing something I like with you made me like it even more."

"Awe, you're so sweet," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. "So does that mean you'll do something I like to do with me?"

His smile turned wary. "What did you have in mind?"

"I don't know, maybe a manicure? Or a pedicure? Ooo, or both! It would be so relaxing and I promise you would love it so much you would want to keep going!"

"Yeah we'll see about that. I think we should stick to basketball."