white horses || b. mares

"Are you kidding Bobby?!" I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and he laughed, hugging me back.

Bobby had a business meeting in New York over the weekend and he asked if I wanted to join him. Of course I wanted to spend the weekend with my boyfriend in one of the coolest cities ever!

"Okay, okay don't get too excited. I probably won't be able to spend that much time with you," he said, wincing as if it hurt him. I just shrugged and kissed him, hoping he would understand that it was okay.

We were packed and on a plane before I really even knew what was happening. The flight was extremely smooth and we were checked into our hotel room with no problem.

I gasped when I saw the view. The people that Bobby was meeting with had put us up in one of the most expensive hotels in the city. The view was absolutely breathtaking.

Bobby came up behind me and snaked his hands around my waist. I shifted my head so it was laying on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I couldn't remember the last time I was so happy.

"I'm going to have to leave pretty soon," he whispered. My happiness was shaken a little but I was determined to not complain. I spun around and kissed his cheek, nodding. He kissed me before grabbing his bag and leaving.

I decided that I wasn't going to just sit in the hotel room all day, so I pulled on my hat and gloves and set off into the city.

There were so many people but I didn't really mind. I took my time walking up and down the streets, admiring how beautiful it was. The snow slowly falling made everything feel more magical.

I walked past all of the theaters and imagined all of the Broadway stars that walk this route every day. I ducked into a small café when it got to be too cold and ordered the most expensive cup of coffee I think I've ever had.

I pulled out a book and stayed there for a long time. Eventually I shot Bobby a quick text asking how long he would be. No reply.

I sighed and yawned, feeling the jet lag catching up with me. I decided it would be nice to go back to the room and lay down to wait for him. I didn't intend to fall asleep but I must've because I woke up to the door quietly clicking shut.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes to see a tired looking Bobby. He plopped down onto the bed beside me and sighed before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me down to lay beside him.

"How was it?" I repositioned myself so that I could see his face.

He just shrugged and looked down at me. "How was your day?"

"So amazing. I wish you would've been able to come with me though. I walked all over the city and it was snowing and absolutely beautiful," I said.

"You went by yourself?" Bobby tensed and I sat up, frowning at him.

"Well I didn't exactly have a choice. You were busy," I said.

"You shouldn't have walked in the city alone (Y/N)! Someone could've hurt you!"

I rolled my eyes and scoffed at Bobby. "I'm a big girl and can take care of myself!"

He looked incredibly irritated. "Whatever, but don't call me when something happens to you."

I couldn't believe he had actually said that. My jaw dropped and he realized what he said a beat too late. He tried to say something else but I just layed and turned away from him.

When I woke up the next morning he was already gone. He had left a note on the hotel paper for me:

good morning beautiful! I'm so sorry about last night, I didn't mean that at all. I have a surprise for you tonight, dress warm <3

I had almost forgotten about last night. I sighed and decided that he was right after all, it wasn't very safe. I stayed in the room all day, keeping myself occupied by finishing my book and watching trashy reality TV.

I heard the door open just as the sun had gone down and Bobby came in with a big grin on his face.

"Get dressed!" I couldn't help but smile as I pulled on my coat and gloves. He pulled a hat on my head and grabbed my hand, pulling me into the elevator.

I gasped as soon as we were exited the lobby doors as I caught sight of horses. Beautiful, white horses with a carriage attached to them. I looked at Bobby and wrapped my arms around him.

"Bob! You absolutely did not have to do this," I said into his neck. He shook his head and pulled me away.

"Yes I did have to do this. I feel so bad about what I said. It was mean and horrible and I'm so sorry," he said.

I kissed him and we climbed into the carriage, having the most romantic ride around New York City.