not as planned || h. webb

"Are you both ready?" Harrison grabbed his keys and wallet and held the door open as Anderson and I walked out, locking the door behind us.

We were on our way to an outdoor concert and I was so excited. I loved the atmosphere of concerts and I had never actually been to an outdoor one before.

"So ready!" I bounced up and down excitedly and didn't even realize that Anderson was taking a Snapchat video of me. I batted his phone away and he laughed.

"Aw it's okay (Y/N), you look adorable," Harrison said, poking my nose. We started driving and pretty much had an all out karaoke session to make the long drive seem bearable. When we arrived at the concert I was ecstatic. However when we got to the check in gates my joy came to an end.

"Sorry guys, we've had to cancel. We have some severe weather moving quickly towards the area and it's a safety precaution. A refund will be issued to your card," the security woman said. I couldn't hide my disappointment on the way back to the car.

"I'm sorry guys. This drive was all for nothing," Harrison said, kicking at small stones. I rubbed his back and shrugged.

"Let's just find something around here to do instead."

"I love how (Y/N) looks at the bright side of things," Anderson said. I smiled at the compliment and pulled out my phone, trying to find something fun to do. We ended up just going to a nearby mall and shopping for a little bit.

As we got back in the car it started to pour rain and the wind picked up. "Hey Harry we probably should just wait the storm out, don't you think?"

"Nah we'll be fine. We're only an hour from home."

It got to the point where the windshield wipers were useless and we couldn't see a foot in front of us. Suddenly I felt the tires spin and the last thing I could remember was a scream and Harrison's arm in front of me.

When I woke up I was in a hospital room with Anderson in the bed next to me. A nurse was beside him, writing things down on her clipboard. I tried to sit up but she turned and shook her head.

"Just relax honey, everything's okay." She shined a flashlight in my eyes and wrote something down again. I glanced over at Anderson and was relieved to see him fully awake and aware of everything.

"Are you okay?" I nodded and sat up (to the dismay of the nurse) to get a better look at Anderson.

"Are you?" He nodded and frowned, then tapped the nurse on the shoulder.

"Where's my brother, Harrison Webb? Is he okay?" She gave us a tiny smile and tried to brush the question off but Anderson wouldn't let her. "Please?"

"He's fine, not as good as you two but doing fine. That's all I can tell you right now," she said and walked out of the room. I sighed and leaned back with tears in my eyes. I could only imagine what shape he was in and I couldn't wait until they discharged me so I could see him.

The paper work didn't take long and I was soon let out. I made a bee line for his room and stopped outside the door, preparing myself for what I might see. When I walked in Harrison was sitting up and nervously playing with a loose thread on his blanket. He looked up and immediately hugged me as I sat down on the bed.

"You're okay. Oh my gosh they wouldn't tell me anything. Where's Anderson? Please tell me he's okay, I've been freaking out." I looked at his face and traced a small cut above his eye. He waited anxiously for my answer and I smoothed his hair.

"Anderson is fine. They're discharging him soon. How are you though?" I watched the relief wash over him and he shrugged.

"I have a cracked rib I guess and a mild concussion but I'm fine. I just feel awful that this happened. I should've listened to you but I didn't and now look what happened." I shook my head and gave him another hug.

"It's not your fault at all. Every one is okay and that's all the matters," I said. He nodded and smiled up at me.

"I'm never going to a concert again though...or driving in the rain."

                                 ———————
(A/N)- I know the ending is super rough...well everything is rough but I loved the idea of it! The execution just wasn't the best. Anyway, hope you enjoyed it!